Stockton CHP gone quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been able to get anything on 44.92 in my usual CHP sweet spots. I can get mobile traffic but only if the unit is close. Are they transmitting using their east tower and not their west one?

Bruce42

Stockton CHP

I was copyiing them on my scanner in Sacramento this morning until I locked them out. sounded normal.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
From what I can tell I am getting low volume static with transmissions with the scanner only in very specific places that I place it to better improve reception if it drops out from my normal spot. Usually when I get that hissing static with a transmission they are transmitting on a tower that better serves Amador and Calaveras. rather than Stockton or Tracy.

Sometimes i'll get either an Amador or Cala unit but not dispatch or the reverse and every once inawhile i'll get a hiss and that is usually the part of that transmission that I wasn't getting clear before.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting mobile strong, 2 bars on the CHP special, and one on their UHF 2A. Still nothing on base.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm getting mobile strong, 2 bars on the CHP special, and one on their UHF 2A. Still nothing on base.
The mobiles will always come out Mt Oso whereas the dispatcher will steer his/her transmitter as needed. The mobile retransmit is site fixed and not easily controlled.

You're always having signal issues. Time for an outside antenna or something.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
CHP seems to be the one that comes and goes. Earlier I had it set in the sweet spot and instead of usually getting full bars and a clean reception I only got 3 bars and a scratchy reception. Even Stan County came in clearer.

Bruce42

Stockton WHITE

I left my scanner on that channel last night and used the ARC XT-PRO software logging the RSSI (signal strength) overnight. Based on the numbers I could differentiate four different sites from here in Sacto as well as the usual atmospheric changes with time and temperature. Sounds like you need to do some work on your system.

Bruce...

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. Hardset the radio and now it's coming in.

Last edited:

Bruce42

Stockton CHP WHITE

Glad to hear you got it worked out. Kinda strange about needing a reset to work. What model scanner is that?

Bruce....

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
It is the 396xt. Over my "limited" number of years of scanning, right around 5-6, I have had to reset the scanner if I wasn't able to get a channel that would always come through, even in my special spots where I get better than normal reception. Had usually always sorted things out.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
New issue:am only getting dispatch. Not picking up any units for Stockton Office. Tracy and Stockton should all be coming through. Amador and Calaveras are crap shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.