Stockton CHP Phrase

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
For those who listen to Stockton CHP, does anyone know what the term R/E stands for? I know they relate it to San Joaquin County General Hospital. Thanks.

kma371

QRT
For those who listen to Stockton CHP, does anyone know what the term R/E stands for? I know they relate it to San Joaquin County General Hospital. Thanks.

Could be DRE;
Drug Recognition Expert

They do blood draws at County Hospital for people suspected of being under the influence.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Might have something to do with it. Once in awhile I'll hear them ask for a DRE officer to assist. I think R/E is location specific thought.

Any idea what the unit callsign SEU is?

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Might have something to do with it. Once in awhile I'll hear them ask for a DRE officer to assist. I think R/E is location specific thought.

Maybe Special Enforcement Unit? Just a guess based on Sacramento Sheriff's SED unit being Special Enforcement Detail. Could be a specialized enforcement such as speed, carpool, etc.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT

Haven't heard of that one. Their special units are Yankee as far as I know.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard of that one. Their special units are Yankee as far as I know.
Haven't heard Yankee yet from my listening. Valley units are the stolen vehicle recovery. Amador ROBERT units seem to be cozeep or assistant units. TAC units are also assistans or cozeep fillers. That is what I have gathered.

kma371

QRT
Haven't heard Yankee yet from my listening. Valley units are the stolen vehicle recovery. Amador ROBERT units seem to be cozeep or assistant units. TAC units are also assistans or cozeep fillers. That is what I have gathered.

Sorry. I was thinking Stockton PD in regards to Yankee Units.

Valley units are the Delta RATT guys, correct.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Yes KMA, the Valley units are Delta RATT. TAC are cozeep or fillers. No clue about SEU or ROBERT. Well, now that I type it. Maybe SEU means Speed Enforcement Unit, just a guess.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
hmm, must have been going through the area. Maps show Angwin being just northeast of Santa Rosa. Thanks for the info Karl.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
It was out of the Amador office broadcasted through Stockton's Comm. I believe the incident was somewhere in Amador county, SR 94 and such.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
This isn't necessarily phrase related but does have to do with CHP. When SO or any other local agency such as SPD does an DUI investigation or arrest, why do they request CHP for the turnover? Is it strictly based on the location of the investigation (county road) or is it simply protocal for a state agency (minus local agencies self evaluating and transporting) to take custody of drunk drivers?

SCPD

QRT
This isn't necessarily phrase related but does have to do with CHP. When SO or any other local agency such as SPD does an DUI investigation or arrest, why do they request CHP for the turnover? Is it strictly based on the location of the investigation (county road) or is it simply protocal for a state agency (minus local agencies self evaluating and transporting) to take custody of drunk drivers?

Sometimes these procedures are based on what happens to the fine money collected. For example, when I worked for the U.S. Forest Service I could enforce all of the State Fish and Game Code using their fine schedule. I would always call the Department of (now) Fish and Wildlife to see if they had a nearby unit who could come to write the ticket. If no one was in the area I would fill out a federal incident report and then forward it on to the DFW. They would write the ticket and mail it to the violator. Why do this when I could write the ticket and use the state fine. Well, if I wrote the ticket the money went into the federal general treasury. If DFW wrote the ticket a percentage came back to the county and a fish and wildlife committee appointed by the County Board of Supervisors chose projects to fund among those submitted to them.

I wonder if the CHP has some type of system where fine money comes back to the CHP for DUI enforcement programs. That, or the local agency collects the fine and it does not come back to the county, which may be the case. When the CHP collects the fine it is allocated to counties for highway related public safety programs. It pays for paramedics, local enforcement and such.

These are just some thoughts that may explain the procedure. They are educated guesses and perhaps there are operational factors that govern the procedure. I hope someone can answer your question.

kma371

QRT

It's because CHP handles DUI's in unincorporated areas and PD's handle DUI's in incorporated areas. It's simply based on juristiction

99% of Sheriff's Office's do not handle DUI investigations as they aren't trained to do so.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Straight of the CHP CAD website:
"HQAFD5 97", any ideas?

I'm thinking this is a CHP Headquarters unit that happened to stumble across the scene. Not sure what office or division AFD would be, but there are many to pick from. Amador Office is in the Valley Division, and those units would ID as "Valley", so I'm thinking this is a unit out of Sacramento HQs.

carlt

Could be DRE;
Drug Recognition Expert

They do blood draws at County Hospital for people suspected of being under the influence.

In San Diego, I have also heard requests for a DRE, but when they need a blood draw, a phlebotomist is requested. When the DRE was requested, a patrol & a sergeant unit were available. Did not hear the whole call, so I don't know what had transpired.

Status
Not open for further replies.