Stockton Fire Automated Voice Dispatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I passed through Stockton this past week, and on Stockton FD4 (460.60000 82.5 PL), it sounds like they are using an automated voice dispatching (AVD) system.

It sounds very similar to the AVD system used in Sacramento County.

I heard calls in Stockton and Manteca, so it sounds like it's being used for ALL calls dispatched by the Stockton Fire Communications Center (Stockton Fire, Manteca Fire, Lodi Fire, South County Fire, and Lathrop Manteca Fire).

Not sure if there's plans to move it over to the main dispatch channels.

ca01

It has been going on for about a month now. Today i hear units saying there where coming to hq for radio service. I have a feeling something is fixing to happen. With that said i am glad i held off getting a new radio till we see what is going to happen.

KG7PBS

It has been going on for about a month now. Today i hear units saying there where coming to hq for radio service. I have a feeling something is fixing to happen. With that said i am glad i held off getting a new radio till we see what is going to happen.
There probably getting ready for a full-time P25 cut-over. I doubt you have anything to worry about

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Stockton is in the process of installing a UHF P25 trunking system using the same frequencies they currently operate on.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Will it have Encrypted TG?
That's not something I have any info on at this time, but based on the way things are moving with the DOJ memo I would say it will have some. Honestly any P25 trunking system that doesn't have at least one or two encrypted talk groups available isn't really being used well.

Status
Not open for further replies.