Stockton: Mass Shooting whith at least one death four men in custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanstockton

I first want to say that tonight and this early morning has been the most dangerous, and unforgiving nights in my memory. All night long the scanner shots fired, here there, "All car's getting several calls of shots fired, all cars, all car's 957's heard", continuous night of perilous journey into the unforgiven world of a city that is the unforgiven already; I told myself that this had to be the rereading or upgrading the radio communications. An some sort of a drill no, even thought it what I wanted to belive no--it was Stockton.

The shooting, and the homicide, finding out that is was done by several men either African American or Hispanic American, same descriptors of previous robberies, car jacking, all violent, all highly execution in a manner to not only overwhealm your opponent, but to terrorize them. As the voce data started crisscrossing still warm night air of the previous stifling heat during the day; in slow motion you ear the tradegy, slowly drooped from the darkeness of the sky and appearing into what you dread to hear, destructive senseless violence, that is just as bad as or worse the terror, on 9-11, in any sense of the world slightly the very significance e of that happened on 9-11, merely to set a standard and then apply the meaning this being worse ; As to why, there was a reason why what happened on 911, a fanatic who had a cause in own mind, while none of it matter to us. but in cases .like this preplan not matter how old, how disabled, how big, it is just pure driven evil, where the attacker them, they terrorizes the trusest since of the word terrorize their victims, and showed clearly without remorse, or even reflection to give way to some sense, if even for a second to the acts for they halve, done. No not all all they pick another victim and attack, robbing him of wallet, and money, but doing so in the violent way that have plagued several people this week.

As around 0335 the subjects may be incustody who shot who for what , and why do not know, but it appears to be all robbery related, the police pulled DR for 187, and 211a pc. anogther wacky part of this night is that in Lodi the police geta pho9ne4 call from a McDonalds worker saying she was a either hispanic or African American with a tied up man in the car, it was described as a Honda; one used in earlier homicide(s) , and shooting....I hope this pans out to be nothing.

cousinkix1953

We used to go fishing in the river and listened to the sheriff's office on the OM's VHF radio. No UHF on the boat; but we heard everything but Stockton PD. This was years before that nutcase shot up a schoolyard in 1989. The gangs are taking over the state of California; so it's even worse now...

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
whats the incentives for gangs NOT to prosper?
the stage has been set quite well by the legislature

cut cops by 50-60%
release felons on parole without supervision..felons who have no business being out
keep adding more gun laws.. that only affect law abiding citizens (since felons by nature violate and ignore laws duhh)
trying to outlaw the open carry since concealed carry isnt allowed thanks to idiot sheriffs and police chiefs who feel other people dont need the right to self defense since THEY have one
trying to add long guns to the list that need to be 4473 prior to every sale.. again only affects legal sales does NOTHING to the illegal gun sales world

this state is floating down the toilet and the gangs know it

and the 14-15 year old who robbed a chevron with a pellet gun (telling the clerk its a shotgun) at elverta and walerga fri nite about 2 am with his 9 year old brother in tow along for the robbery he made off with 200 bucks and ruined whatever chance his 9 year old brother had at a life
at age 15 and already pulling 211 .. its obvious hes long gone and lost as a member of society

the punk 19 year old that shot and killed the 15 year old girl.at the underage dance club on auburn and fulton last week.... was out pending a trial he just had for 459 and he had 3 other felonies he was waiting trial for... good thing he was out on bail huh ... well hes on a no bail hold after the 187 hes being held for..

seems people have to kill a few people now until the "justice " system kicks in..and actually keeps them off the street

ccpoa even worked with the state trying to give alternative programs rather than releasing all of the 44,000 felons the courts are trying to compel cdc to release
arnold and the legislature said no... let calif crumble

calif has turned into a "gun free" zone ..

except the only people without guns are the sheep.. i mean law abiding citizens

i used to hear maybe a 211 once a day...2-3 times a day if it was a crime crazy day

now i hear armed 211 about every other hour nite or day

some shifts it seems theres just 211 after 211 .. if there isnt a 245 in progress

i am hearing non stop 245 s now also

keep crying about gun control and calif will be 1 huge wash dc without any guns and a complete lack of crime control

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sad times indeed

What really bothers me avtarsingh is that I am not allowed to shoot someone (use deadly force) that has broken into and entered my property unless I fear for my own life. That means I can see someone stealing my property such as an automobile, and not allowed to do anything - except call LE. To add insult to this, if I do shoot the perp I will likely be charged with a crime.

And if you're in Oakland, LE won't even respond if it is not a violent crime in progress. So ironically, you must shoot the perp to get LE to come. Then when they do come, it is you they'll want, not the thief.

When good people do nothing, evil flourishes.

DPD1

Hate to say it, but with the mentality of people these days, it will probably just get worse. All the bleeding hearts refuse to believe that there is such a thing as a naturally bad person... Nobody robs somebody, unless somebody must have done something bad to them first... So it's not the fault of the guy shoving a gun in somebody's face... It's societies' fault. It's not the fault of the lunatic that decides to indiscriminately blow up as many people as he can for some insane reason... It's our fault, because we're big bad country that goes around bullying people. Look at the comments people are making about that Washington Post anti government article, and that sums it up... Police, Military, Government... all bad. Terrorists, criminals and illegals... All poor misunderstood people that are getting a raw deal, and having their precious rights violated.

akulahawk

I'm going to snip... just because it's easier to read and reply...
trying to outlaw the open carry since concealed carry isnt allowed thanks to idiot sheriffs and police chiefs who feel other people dont need the right to self defense since THEY have one
trying to add long guns to the list that need to be 4473 prior to every sale.. again only affects legal sales does NOTHING to the illegal gun sales world
Actually, MOST of the County Sheriffs are effectively "Shall Issue" for CCW. If you live in a highly-populated County that's coastal, touches the Bay Area, or is Sacramento/Yolo, that's where you're going to have problems getting a CCW. There are at least 2 court cases that I know of that have been filed in Federal Court that challenge the Good Cause stuff (it's what effectively makes the CCW "may issue"). Given that the legislature wants to ban Open Carry. What this does is make CCW the preferred method of carry, as post-McDonald, they'll have to allow one or the other...

Also, long guns already are listed on the 4473 by make/model/serial. That info is NOT entered into the State's DROS system.

this state is floating down the toilet and the gangs know it

keep crying about gun control and calif will be 1 huge wash dc without any guns and a complete lack of crime control
With McDonald v. Chicago backing up and extending Heller v DC... that's not actually legally possible. They'll try though. There are challenges to the roster, challenges to ammunition purchase restrictions, challenges coming down the pike about the "Assault Weapon Ban"... Nobody disputes that these laws will be challenged.
What really bothers me avtarsingh is that I am not allowed to shoot someone (use deadly force) that has broken into and entered my property unless I fear for my own life. That means I can see someone stealing my property such as an automobile, and not allowed to do anything - except call LE. To add insult to this, if I do shoot the perp I will likely be charged with a crime.
I suggest you read the Penal Code regarding justified homicide. Justified shoots happen all the time and the "homeowner" isn't charged with anything. Unfortunately, California doesn't shield you from the civil suit that is almost guaranteed to follow...
And if you're in Oakland, LE won't even respond if it is not a violent crime in progress. So ironically, you must shoot the perp to get LE to come. Then when they do come, it is you they'll want, not the thief.

When good people do nothing, evil flourishes.

I'm active on several forums... I suspect things will change drastically by the end of this year. I hope I'm right!

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
gmclam is right

he can read the penal code all he wants - if the da doesnt believe in your right to defend yourself he will just file charges on you

theres a state c/o doing 52 months in federal prison because an inmate claimed a 5ft 8 hispanic or italian officer "assaulted" him - so they put a 6ft 3 white irish male c/o into fed prison AFTER cdc and the da even cleared him the inmate had previously been convicted of perjury in testimony related to the prosecution

so even after being cleared by a da and his own dept - the feds went after him on a witch hunt

so if they will put a state peace officer into a federal prison for doing nothing

wtf do u think they will do to you for defending your life

ccw in sac county are just not allowed - thanks to dip**** sheriffs we have had who have caved in the face of allowing people to defend themselves after the chief in isleton was signing ccws for sac cnty residents the legislature made a special law just to prevent chief byrd from issuing them
a long step just to stop a guy from issuing ccw to lawful citizens who meet the 2nd amendment requirements

must be nice in nevada and idaho and many other states to just walk in - get background checked-and walk out with a gun somehow waiting 15 days makes it "safer" ...

for crooks

the legislature is trying to put long guns into the same category as pistols - no private transfers allowed between citizens without a 4473 and an ffl user involved like this somehow will do something about crime

akulahawk

gmclam is right

he can read the penal code all he wants - if the da doesnt believe in your right to defend yourself he will just file charges on you
Yes, the DA could file charges against you.
theres a state c/o doing 52 months in federal prison because an inmate claimed a 5ft 8 hispanic or italian officer "assaulted" him - so they put a 6ft 3 white irish male c/o into fed prison AFTER cdc and the da even cleared him the inmate had previously been convicted of perjury in testimony related to the prosecution

so even after being cleared by a da and his own dept - the feds went after him on a witch hunt

so if they will put a state peace officer into a federal prison for doing nothing
So what you're saying is that the Feds on their own tossed a CO into Federal Prison... without a jury trial? Sounds to me like the Feds found that in spite of the above, the CO had committed some kind of civil rights violation, and managed to prove it to a Jury.
wtf do u think they will do to you for defending your life

ccw in sac county are just not allowed - thanks to dip**** sheriffs we have had who have caved in the face of allowing people to defend themselves after the chief in isleton was signing ccws for sac cnty residents the legislature made a special law just to prevent chief byrd from issuing them
a long step just to stop a guy from issuing ccw to lawful citizens who meet the 2nd amendment requirements
I know the Sacramento CCW system and history quite well, thank you. I'm also aware that this "special law" that was put in was a logical restriction that a person must be a resident of the Police Chief's jurisdiction (aka City). Prior to that, there was no such restriction.I'm probably far more aware of who caused Sheriff McGinness to back off on his campaign pledge to issue more CCWs and why he's been very, very vocal about having to "possibly" issue more. Trust me that politics plays a HUGE role in what he's been doing over the past year. Also, have you noticed that CCW issuance has gone way UP since last year? Yep. It's directly in response to a certain court case that isn't even done yet... and while he could moot the case right now if he wanted, he'd be inviting summary judgment against his department (and Yolo) if he did that. I've been in contact with the Sheriff's Department on this issue. They're booked solid at least 3-5 weeks out just to turn in a CCW application and I know people are getting issued CCW licenses from the SSD.
must be nice in nevada and idaho and many other states to just walk in - get background checked-and walk out with a gun somehow waiting 15 days makes it "safer" ...
The wait is 10 days, not 15. That only applies to dealer-handled transactions. and with a C&R License and COE, I can walk out of a dealer with any C&R weapon as a cash & carry transaction and while I can wait 10 days for "modern" weapons, that would also remove the 1 in 30 day handgun restriction. A waiting period does make sense for an initial purchase, but not for subsequent purchases.
for crooks

the legislature is trying to put long guns into the same category as pistols - no private transfers allowed between citizens without a 4473 and an ffl user involved like this somehow will do something about crimeC&R long guns can currently be purchased as cash & carry right now. Non-C&R long guns must be transferred through a dealer, a 4473 must be filled out as must the DROS. What they're wanting to do is increase the reporting requirements on the DROS, so that long gun transfers have the serial numbers recorded and stored in the AFS, institute a 1/30 day purchase restriction like the handguns, and possibly find a way to close the C&R "problem" which can be side-stepped by getting a C&R License and traveling out of state.

Firearm-related stuff really shouldn't belong on a radio forum. However, I must say that with the firearms info, in some places you're about 15 years behind current law. I would expect that there will be some very significant changes to California's Firearms laws within the next 5 years, as those laws are challenged in Federal Court... and the process is well underway, and I'd expect that there'll be some significant CCW changes within a year.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
yes the media stopped saying it was 2 blacks with dreads ..the day of the event was the last time most news "outlets" stopped saying what the race was

it stirs the pot when you identify people by their actual race ..so the media thinks

was on s san joaquin st
stockton - a wonderful place

Status
Not open for further replies.