Stockton PG&E

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
With the inclement weather we have been having and the fiasco from yesterday, I tried to load PG&E into my scanner. From the scant amount of info available back in 2016 no scanner could decode MPT-1327 systems. Has that changed? I use a BCD325P2. I do have this channel plugged in :

158.250KMD565BM110.9 PLPG&E StocktonElectric Operations
But there wasn't anything happening. This was the system I loaded in through Freescan using the import trunked feature:
Thanks in advanced.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
If you’re in Stockton, I’d recommend trying to program all the Mt Oso site frequencies in, and then lock out the active control channel. MPT-1327 is a very old trunking system so the calls generally stay on one frequency rather than hopping around a lot. You won’t see the talkgroup ID or radio IDs but it will definitely be better than nothing.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
If you’re in Stockton, I’d recommend trying to program all the Mt Oso site frequencies in, and then lock out the active control channel. MPT-1327 is a very old trunking system so the calls generally stay on one frequency rather than hopping around a lot. You won’t see the talkgroup ID or radio IDs but it will definitely be better than nothing.
Thanks for this info. Will go back and reprogram and let you know if and when I pick anything up. Cheers!