BC346XT: Stolen BC346XTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansmall

I had my trusty 346XTC abruptly stolen last week. In looking, I see that model is now discontinued.
Any thoughts for a suitable or enhanced replacement??

TIA

allend

Premium Subscriber
I had my trusty 346XTC abruptly stolen last week. In looking, I see that model is now discontinued.

TIA

Uniden BCD436HP or The Whistler TRX-1. You might have to spend some extra cash but you will be able to grow into both of these radios for future growth.

marksmith

TIA
It has been discontinued for a long time. If you get a 396xt, also discontinued, it is the digital version of what you had, but you can still gind them at fairly high prices. Otherwise you are looking at a $500 phase 2 digital scanner.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

wbswetnam

Did you save the serial number? If so, file a police report immediately. It doesn't happen very often, but occasionally the cops do manage to catch the thieves with a ****load of stolen goods.

Also check the local pawn shops, it may have been sold to a local pawn shop already for quick cash.

Finally, ALWAYS record the serial numbers of your stuff and keep copies of that data in several places. After you report something stolen to the police and you give them the item descriptions and serial numbers, that info is filed into an online database. I think by law, pawn shops have to check that database anytime something comes through their door for sale or trade.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
And I think pawn shops can run serial numbers to see if stuff is stolen. And if so I think they call police

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Finally, ALWAYS record the serial numbers of your stuff and keep copies of that data in several places.

If you have a smart phone, save all your serial numbers to a note on your phone. Then, upload that note to the cloud for backup.

spacellamaman

sorry to hear that, i lost my 346XT (which was the one that jump started me back into the hobby couple of years ago) this January. i fear that from what i can tell, as far as analog only, the 346 was the supernova. i haven't found another analog only scanner, trunking or otherwise that i liked as well.

but that said, i have yet to get my hands on a 330T.....

Scanner Master currently has the Uniden BR330T on sale for $149.95 (regular price $295.00): Uniden Bearcat BR330T Police Scanner Radio | Scanner Master

Also if you use the coupon code freeship75 at checkout you will get FREE shipping on orders of $75 or more until 12-31-2016.

i hate to ask this, and i realize there is likely no way for you to know, but any chance if this just recently went on sale? is on sale thru black fri? or is on sale thru Christmas? i haven't gotten one because of the price and i haven't checked the site in a long time. now that i can almost justify the price, i wont be able to come up with the change til next month.

it also occurs to me that this model certainly is out of production now correct? could this be a clearance? thanks either way for at least alerting me to the sale. i have wanted to get one for some time.

trp2525

i hate to ask this, and i realize there is likely no way for you to know, but any chance if this just recently went on sale? is on sale thru black fri? or is on sale thru Christmas? i haven't gotten one because of the price and i haven't checked the site in a long time. now that i can almost justify the price, i wont be able to come up with the change til next month.

it also occurs to me that this model certainly is out of production now correct? could this be a clearance? thanks either way for at least alerting me to the sale. i have wanted to get one for some time.

I received the sale newsletter from Scanner Master this morning (11-23-2016) and it says at the top of the newsletter "Black Friday though Cyber Monday Sale." You might want to contact Scanner Master by email (Got a question? Ask the police scanner experts! - Scanner Master) or at 1-800-SCANNER to confirm the sale dates for the BR330T.

Haley

Scanner Master currently has the Uniden BR330T on sale for $149.95 (regular price $295.00): Uniden Bearcat BR330T Police Scanner Radio | Scanner Master

Also if you use the coupon code freeship75 at checkout you will get FREE shipping on orders of $75 or more until 12-31-2016.

That is some strange timing----good for me though! I had just posted this thread a couple of weeks ago
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-prospective-owners/342555-330t-questions.html

Funny because in a reply, I stated I thought $150 would be a fair price. I just checked last night and it was still $295. So of course , I went ahead and bought it, just got the confirmation. BEFORE coming here, so I didnt get to use the coupon code. I can live with that. I finally have a new one to add to my collection. Mike

Haley

Sorry wasnt clear-----, I just checked today for the heck of it, I did pay the $149.95----not $295. Mike

trp2525

...So of course , I went ahead and bought it, just got the confirmation. BEFORE coming here, so I didnt get to use the coupon code. I can live with that...

I would contact Scanner Master and just tell them that you forgot/neglected to use the coupon code for the free shipping. You just placed the order today so I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem. I believe that free shipping code was just released/distributed today because that's when I received it in my Scanner Master newsletter. Scanner Master is a pretty reputable company (and is recommended by Radio Reference) so I would be surprised if they didn't honor your free shipping request after supplying them with the proper coupon code.

Haley

I would contact Scanner Master and just tell them that you forgot/neglected to use the coupon code for the free shipping. You just placed the order today so I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem. I believe that free shipping code was just released/distributed today because that's when I received it in my Scanner Master newsletter. Scanner Master is a pretty reputable company (and is recommended by Radio Reference) so I would be surprised if they didn't honor your free shipping request after supplying them with the proper coupon code.

I think I will shoot them an email----thanks for advice, and posting the heads up on the sale to start with. Mike

spacellamaman

I received the sale newsletter from Scanner Master this morning (11-23-2016) and it says at the top of the newsletter "Black Friday though Cyber Monday Sale." You might want to contact Scanner Master by email (Got a question? Ask the police scanner experts! - Scanner Master) or at 1-800-SCANNER to confirm the sale dates for the BR330T.

Thanks for the info and quick reply. I think I will wait til I actually have the cash to buy to contact them, cause I don't want to get too enthused and then find there was a run on them.

Funny because in a reply, I stated I thought $150 would be a fair price. I just checked last night and it was still $295. So of course , I went ahead and bought it, just got the confirmation. BEFORE coming here, so I didnt get to use the coupon code. I can live with that. I finally have a new one to add to my collection. Mike

Glad to hear you got one. Even before, but definitely after, my beloved 346XT met it's untimely demise, I had read enough about the 330 to know it nearly fits everything that I primarily would want in a single scanner for my interests. MilAir and shortwave? in a neat lil package? plus LW and all the oddball freq coverage that no one ever includes? As silly as it seems, i miss the 346 cause of its 70mhz coverage just cause it was neat finding time clocks and church microphones while tootling down the road. My replacement, a SC230, does what its supposed to but is a poor substitute Boy I hope no one else reads that thread you cranked up with all of the endorsements. I got a bad feeling my timing is going to be untimely.

trp2525

TIA

You can purchase a brand-new Uniden BC346XTC from Mills Fleet Farm for $150 (plus "Estimated Shipping $16.95") on their website: Uniden BC346XTC TrunkTracker III Handheld Scanner - Mills Fleet Farm

If you live near one of their retail stores (located in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin) you might also be able to find the 346XTC scanner in your local store: Mills Fleet Farm - Store Locator. If you do find the scanner in your local store you might even be able to haggle the price down even lower than the $150 asking price as this is a discontinued/clearance item. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.