stolen police car

Status
Not open for further replies.

45SigSauer

A Kouts, IN police car was stolen about an hour ago, the suspect was hand cuffed, and the officers 9mm and assault weapon are in the cruiser, he is in contact with authorities on the Porter county sheriffs frequency.

45SigSauer

I have Eagle one (Lake county sheriff helicopter) helping search, that is on my feed, but I don't have porter county on my feed, but I am listening to porter county on another scanner.

45SigSauer

I just added Porter County Sheriff to my feed until the manhunt is over, enjoy!

Go figure, as soon as I add porter county they go quiet.

Last edited:

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Wife works in Valpo. She just text me she has been told to lock the hotel doors by the police until its over.

Anyone know where this guy is right now? I have LC and PC police in the scanner in my car but I live in the basement and get no reception here.

Do you have a list of the Lake County callsigns? I didn't know Eagle was the helo but it makes sense.

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
They said it was a Chevrolet squad car and it sounded like they were tracking long/lat. Possibly with OnStar? Or do the radios have GPS built in?

Squad10

Wife works in Valpo. She just text me she has been told to lock the hotel doors by the police until its over.

Anyone know where this guy is right now? I have LC and PC police in the scanner in my car but I live in the basement and get no reception here.

Do you have a list of the Lake County callsigns? I didn't know Eagle was the helo but it makes sense.

About 30 min. ago, ILSP District Chicago advised on ISPERN subject heading west on Rt. 8. Also advised subject lives in Brookfield IL.

45SigSauer

Originally when this mike guy stole the cruiser he was headed west on SR8 towards Hebron, but then 30 minutes later Lake county reported GPS was showing he might be in LaPorte county.

I can't imagine he was in LaPorte, because when that was being reported, I heard him and the negotiator talking on my handheld with the stock antenna while sitting in my kitchen here in Lowell.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
A Kouts, IN police car was stolen about an hour ago, the suspect was hand cuffed, and the officers 9mm and assault weapon are in the cruiser, he is in contact with authorities on the Porter county sheriffs frequency.

Just a guess, but it sounds like custody policies were not followed for this to happen.
Access to weapons should not have been possible by the suspect, cuffed or otherwise.

n9zas

W9NES

I heard thru ISP Dist 16 Peru Post that it was put out as a Officer Safety. Police car has a fully loaded 9 MM handgun and a loaded assault rifle.

gewecke

Banned
I heard thru ISP Dist 16 Peru Post that it was put out as a Officer Safety. Police car has a fully loaded 9 MM handgun and a loaded assault rifle.

Yeah, I got that in the op's original post...But as I said previously,those weapons should not be accessible if procedures were followed.
Without giving tactics away, it takes more than just the ignition key. :wink:

n9zas

W9NES

Being that ISP Dist 13 Lowell Post covers Porter County is anyone hearing any radio traffic on Safe-t talkgroups for Lowell on this?

mancow

Database Admin
Not always, it could be an electric lock button on a console mainly because the perp is expected to be secured in the back and not behind the wheel! :)

Yeah, I got that in the op's original post...But as I said previously,those weapons should not be accessible if procedures were followed.
Without giving tactics away, it takes more than just the ignition key. :wink:

n9zas

gewecke

Banned
Not always, it could be an electric lock button on a console mainly because the perp is expected to be secured in the back and not behind the wheel! :)

True, and you would expect this to be a "cage" car , but maybe not. Usually a steel lock box between seats and trunk release in a locking glove box but maybe not in that one.

n9zas

Monaco

Premium Subscriber
Was the wrecker for the vehicle with front end damage for the squad? Hmmm.

gewecke

Banned
If that kid trashed that squad, he'll be paying restitution out of his soc sec check!

n9zas

Tracker

Just a guess, but it sounds like custody policies were not followed for this to happen.
Access to weapons should not have been possible by the suspect, cuffed or otherwise.

n9zas

They may be his back-up/specialty use weapons n are prob secured in his trunk, but because he may access these weapons, he is considered armed/dangerous etc

Status
Not open for further replies.