Stolen Radio Equipment *Reward*

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC-7

I had some radio equipment stolen out of my car last week. I belive it was either my neighbor (who also stole my cell phone 2 weeks ago) or my other neighbor/somewhat friend who is always asking about my radios and wants to borrow them. The radios stolen were:

*Pro-96 Radio Shack Digital scanner.
This was modded for Blue display LED's and has my name, call sign and phone # shown on the power-up display. It is unable to erase this without special software.

* Yaesu VX-5 handheld dual band ham radio. This has my call sign programed in the CW ID section. It is in pretty beat up condition, and only charges with the drop-in charger. 440 TX doesnt work either.

* Cobra 45WX Cb handheld. It is opened up for 120 channels and it shows the freq on the disply. It has a small solder pencil burn on the left side, near the channel buttons.

I live in Sterling Heights. I made a police repeort, but I was told that they wont investigate either neighbor since I didnt actualy "see" them take them from my car. They were the only 2 people who were near my car during the 5 min I was inside my house when my car was unlocked. The police also said that even If I saw them with my radios, they still probably couldnt prove it was them, and its doubtfull that they would do anything, besides I could try to take them to court. Even though my name, callsign, phone # etc are all programed in them, they say they wont be able to do much.

I will offer a reward if anyone comes across these. I belive if it was my one neighbor (16yo girl that also stole my cell phone) she has most likely sold/traded/pawned it off for her drug habbit.

Please email me if anyone has any info. kc8grq * yahoo * com

MetalManMI

That sucks. One thing though...be very careful about getting too specific about laying blame (or implications) on a person on a public forum (especially when lacking any credible evidence). What you posted was pretty generic up until you got a bit specific about one person (that person would easily recognize that you're talking about them based on info spelled-out). I'm talking about defamation/libel here. Rather unlikely that anything would come of it, but better safe than sorry...

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I hate to say it like this but it sounds like you need to find another place to live with better neighbors!

pathalogical

Have you tried checking the local pawn shops yet ? We'll keep an eye out for new threads here..."I just got a Pro 96, how do I change my "friends" name to my name on start up ?". Good luck, I hope you get your stuff back.

mancow

Database Admin
tglendye said:
I hate to say it like this but it sounds like you need to find another place to live with better neighbors!

AND BETTER POLICE DEPT.

What a lazy worthless as agency. I would be raising hell. WTF do they think an investigation is? It involves talking to people to find out if someone just maybe saw what happened.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
mancow said:
AND BETTER POLICE DEPT.

What a lazy worthless as agency. I would be raising hell. WTF do they think an investigation is? It involves talking to people to find out if someone just maybe saw what happened.

Most police departments are saying that around these parts of michigan. They have lost all integerty....most of them dont even do any type of foot patrols or anything like that anymore. Most cops have developed an attitude, and even if you have not done anything and have a run in with them, they are horrible!! There are quite a few departments that fall into this department in south east lower michigan.....not all, but quite a few.

I am sorry that you had your equipment stolen. That sucks, however I hope that you learn from this and make sure the next time you put stuff in there that you do 2 things:
1) Get insurance. Most insurance companies will only insure the equipment only if they are perminatly mounted. 2) Make sure that everything is mounted and it is going to tak more than a "few" minutes to get the equipment out.

You are absolutly correct the police(dectectives) should have been on the case and should question your neighbors, if they were the only ones in the area......one thing is for sure, it does not hurt anything to do so!!, and if they come to you and ask you why the police were questioning them, you can just tell them that you meant no disrespect but that was just their routine and how they do things....

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.