Stolen Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Saturday evening I happened to catch a VSP APB as I was walking down the hall regarding someone had stolen a FD/RS White Expedition with Red Lettering that the keys had been left in while parked in front of the fire house. I was not able to hear where it was but they did say that he was already using the radio. I know it came across on their old comm system but that is about it. Anyone else catch this or know if they found it?

Thanks
Ben

W4UVV

stupid is as stupid does

Saturday evening I happened to catch a VSP APB as I was walking down the hall regarding someone had stolen a FD/RS White Expedition with Red Lettering that the keys had been left in while parked in front of the fire house. I was not able to hear where it was but they did say that he was already using the radio. I know it came across on their old comm system but that is about it. Anyone else catch this or know if they found it?

Thanks
Ben

...and what subsequent punishment was given to the common sense challenged individual who left the ignition keys in the vehicle?

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I guess the Chief'r had a poor sense of humor...

...and what subsequent punishment was given to the common sense challenged individual who left the ignition keys in the vehicle?

That happened to be the Chief's vehicle and was taken by 1 of his Captains for a joy ride, I guess. It seems they were having an event and maybe some were having a real good time. Anyhow, the bad Captain was convinced to resign right away or so I read. I guess the Chief'r has a poor sense of humor concerning his Expedition!! ;) ;)

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
That happened to be the Chief's vehicle and was taken by 1 of his Captains for a joy ride, I guess. It seems they were having an event and maybe some were having a real good time. Anyhow, the bad Captain was convinced to resign right away or so I read. I guess the Chief'r has a poor sense of humor concerning his Expedition!! ;) ;)

You might want to go back and re-read the entire article. It was a police captain that was apparently not affiliated w/ the fire dept- according to the article, anyway...

It's a shame to see someone who is probably a good person and was probably good at his job, flush his career down the drain because of a really, really bad decision.

Todd

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
You are correct

You might want to go back and re-read the entire article. It was a police captain that was apparently not affiliated w/ the fire dept- according to the article, anyway...

It's a shame to see someone who is probably a good person and was probably good at his job, flush his career down the drain because of a really, really bad decision.

Todd

You are totally correct Todd!! ;) ;) I don't know how I left that out. I do see reading further on it all that it is probably best if he did resign, if he wants to stay in the career field. Although, I don't quite understand if he was the Captain "for" or as "one" with one or more volunteer fire departments or within the PD. Either way, he screwed up.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I LOVE reading stories about Police doing Stupid stuff... Out of everyone, They should be the ones to know better...

Yeah they should know better, and most insure they live their lives to a higher standard. But cops are people too. They screw up just like everyone else. Of course most people can't lose their job and end up on the front page as quick as an officer when he or she screws up. But it should be that way, I guess- to an extent.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber

Todd

But best to get caught now before he makes a bad decision that harms someone, or becomes a discouraging example for his fellow LEO's.

Big-PWC

I live in Dale City it was Buggy 505 from station 20 (the one on the pkwy across from BJ's) they had it running on the front pad in front of the station, he jumped in and took off with it. He went a whole 1/2 mile with it ( ditched it in front of the post office behind the BJ's. I was sitting about 2 miles away when I heard Medic 511 found it. So I went over since I was out and about anyways. Within 5 minutes there were 6 PWC cruisers surrounding the buggy. Of course he was long gone. P.S ignore the local references if you don't live in the area, I was just giving those that do live in the area a mental pic. why steal it and go across the street basically!!!

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Started as a joke then he woke up

I live in Dale City it was Buggy 505 from station 20 (the one on the pkwy across from BJ's) they had it running on the front pad in front of the station, he jumped in and took off with it. He went a whole 1/2 mile with it ( ditched it in front of the post office behind the BJ's. I was sitting about 2 miles away when I heard Medic 511 found it. So I went over since I was out and about anyways. Within 5 minutes there were 6 PWC cruisers surrounding the buggy. Of course he was long gone. P.S ignore the local references if you don't live in the area, I was just giving those that do live in the area a mental pic. why steal it and go across the street basically!!!

IMHO.

Thanks
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.