• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Stolen XG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Late last night someone decided to break into my F-150 and steal my car stereo, speakers, handgun and my xg-25. A police report has been filled but it's not likely they will do much about this issue since it happens all the time as the lazy *** police says. Anyways policemen had the worst attitude ever as though I was an inconvenience to him with me trying to figure out what to do at 3 in the morning. I am not too worried about the stereo since my insurance will be taken care of all that but my main concern is my gun and xg25. Is there any way to have Harris send out signals to locate my radio? Something like gps or find my iPhone that way I can get it back after I kick someone's ***?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Is the XG-25 part of a trunked radio system? If so, the unit can be disabled in the system...and it should be reported to the system operator.

(I'm also going to mod-alert this thread since it's in the wrong forum. They can move it to the correct subforum, probably either NY, Harris or Industry).

SCPD

QRT
It is part of a trunked system. I will copy, delete then paste this question to correct forum now, sorry.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
In the future, if you start a thread in the wrong forum, please report it, which you did, and wait for the moderators to move it, which I did.

Please do not simply start a new thread in the correct forum.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
It is part of a trunked system.

Then you need to report it to the system manager of that trunked system right away. They can disable the ID in the system so it won't work on it. I'm not sure about Harris, but Motorola radios can be inhibited...basically when they try to connect to the system they turn into a paperweight.

Benji10400

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not sure why my account was closed but I had to create another account. Yes my window was busted out, glovebox and center consel destroyed. ((FFPM571)) The gun was in a gun safe under the drivers seat locked as it should have been. Gun safe was found down the street, lock broken of course right next to it was a pair of used latex gloves which can't be used for evidence due to them being "inadmissible" BS!!!! Anyway my chief has filed a report, hopefully whoever stole it will get caught trying to pawn it off somewhere. I'm not sure why someone would even want it, it's only programmed for our fire department here in White Plains NY.

SCPD

QRT
Do you have specifics of the model? Have you registered it at the genesis stolen radio database? Did the officer have the serial number and model to file it in ncic? It is important the system admin is advised, he could stun and kill the radio, if it was programmed properly and suppose to be on the system.

Eventually the radio will die, if the person doesn't sell it off or replace the battery sometimes they'll toss them in trash if they don't sell it. Could keep eye on fleabay, the other online places your local area has and facebook. Stupid as that sounds you wouldn't believe how many clowns I have seen rat themself out on face book.

The sooner the admin knows and sends a kill command the better.

This is why I stress never leave a portable in sight or in a vehicle at all unless your in it specially a handgun. I have heard of workers or fire personnel leaving a portable 100 feet away in sight on a dash and someone walking up leaning in grabbing it then running off. Unless your fit to run pretty good you probably wouldn't catch them. Hopefully in time it and your other property can be recovered. Slight but it happens. Keep a eye down road in evidence seizure auctions you would be surprised how many pieces of recovered property sit found with reports and serials and nobody running them due to man power issues or departments just not bothering with it for various reasons or no serial number was given at time of report. Have seen this happen in construction companies who had portables or mobiles left overnight in a truck unlocked at a job site and someone took them and ended up year later in a unclaimed property evidence auction since no serials were given or updated.

ecps92

Follow up with them in a week and tell them your InsCo is asking for the
NCIC Number [NIC] of the Stolen Gun and Stolen Article (Radio) Entry :roll:

Late last night someone decided to break into my F-150 and steal my car stereo, speakers, handgun and my xg-25. A police report has been filled but it's not likely they will do much about this issue since it happens all the time as the lazy *** police says. Anyways policemen had the worst attitude ever as though I was an inconvenience to him with me trying to figure out what to do at 3 in the morning. I am not too worried about the stereo since my insurance will be taken care of all that but my main concern is my gun and xg25. Is there any way to have Harris send out signals to locate my radio? Something like gps or find my iPhone that way I can get it back after I kick someone's ***?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Not sure why my account was closed but I had to create another account.
Your original account was not closed. You may have forgotten your password or didn't realize that new users are on moderation until they accumulate a handful of acceptable posts.

Creating a duplicate account is violation of the RadioReference.com terms of service. Your duplicate account has been set to permanent ban. Please use your original account. If you have trouble logging into your original account, please follow the instructions to re-establish access to your account.

Finally, the details of your vehicle break-in and subsequent investigation are really not germane to a radio-oriented forum. If you have questions about how to get your radio remotely disabled, you should contact your system administrator. Feel free to ask questions here about your radio, but any answers you receive here are likely to be general and not specific to the system your radio was programmed for. Ultimately, it's your sysadmin who will have to deal with the stolen radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.