Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Wow I think you just blew my mind. lol

Izard County (33) Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
15401 3c29 D 33-IZARD SO Sheriff's Office - Dispatch Law Dispatch

Is this what I need to add just for the izard co AWIN?

No, you have to enter the control frequencies for the site(s) closest to you (they are at the top of that page - site list with control channels and alternate control channels out to the right of them). Those are the frequencies it would monitor for the trunked system. 15401 is the talkgroup ID for Izard SO Dispatch. Again, if you'll search for and read the Easier to Read manual I mentioned above it will explain how a system is programmed.

Conventional systems you just plug in a frequency and go...trunked systems are not that simple.

UnidenBC92XLT

Ok I seen now. The file that was made for me it is all in there I just pulled it up on free scan. I just have to lock out the stuff I don't want. He loaded everything for Arkansas on the file.

wbswetnam

You can monitor the Stone County SO analog FM transmissions only on 155.550 and still avoid hearing the DMR. You have to set the CTCSS code for that channel (which is 186.2). This is what I have done with my old RS Pro-96. If you set the CTCSS code for the channel that has 155.550 then it will only open the squelch when your radio "hears" the subaudible CTCSS code, i.e, when it is a regular, analog, FM transmission. During times that they transmit DMR the radio will skip the channel and keep scanning, because it doesn't "hear" the correct CTCSS tone.

Also don't forget that your 396 can do alphanumeric channel display! This way instead of the display showing just the frequency, it will display text for that channel! You can enter whatever you want for the text. On my Pro-96 I have it display "Stone Co SOe" for 155.190. I use the lower case e in my text title to show that it is for the eastern side of the county. Alphanumeric text tags can also be set for AWIN talk group IDs.

Last edited:
No. Go to the bottom of the screen under Izard county and it will say awin. Click on that. Then slowly scroll down the screen until you see Izard county with frequencies after it. That what you want to program in. Well actually I don't see it in there. Program in the one that says stone county you can still pick them up. I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.