Stone and Baxter Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnidenBC92XLT

Is Stone and Baxter Counties both DMA now for law talk? Is there gonna be anyway to pick this up or is there a way? I hope Izard don't do this. Thanks!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Is Stone and Baxter Counties both DMA now for law talk? Is there gonna be anyway to pick this up or is there a way? I hope Izard don't do this. Thanks!

Stone Co has gone mostly to DMR for county sheriff and for Mtn View PD (and Fire I believe).

I don't know about Baxter...but if it shows it in the database as having DMR it's likely they are using them as primary.

UnidenBC92XLT

Stone Co has gone mostly to DMR for county sheriff and for Mtn View PD (and Fire I believe).

I don't know about Baxter...but if it shows it in the database as having DMR it's likely they are using them as primary.

Yea it is DMR. I sure hope Izard don't follow.

Baxter County is fully DMR for their law. They still page out their first responders and fire on analog but after that even they use DMR.

wbswetnam

I still hear a good bit of traffic on Stone County SO's analog VHF frequency, and on AWIN a lot, too. What I dread is if/when Independence County goes silent.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I still hear a good bit of traffic on Stone County SO's analog VHF frequency, and on AWIN a lot, too. What I dread is if/when Independence County goes silent.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about Independence County switching from what they currently have now but who knows...

wbswetnam

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about Independence County switching from what they currently have now but who knows...

I guess for now Independence County SO is content with their voice scrambling on "3" and for really sensitive issues they use cell phones to communicate, i.e, "Gimme a 21". Once in a long while they'll say "Talk to me on 6", which I haven't figured out yet.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I guess for now Independence County SO is content with their voice scrambling on "3" and for really sensitive issues they use cell phones to communicate, i.e, "Gimme a 21". Once in a long while they'll say "Talk to me on 6", which I haven't figured out yet.

Yeah. If anything, I think the most economical would be to switch to AWIN - the system is already in place so they could subscribe and just have the expense of purchasing radios but who knows. I'm not sure why some of these counties put in entirely new radio systems when AWIN should be able to handle them. But anyway, I guess we won't discuss Ind Co here since this is a Baxter and Stone thread...haha!

wbswetnam

Stone County SO (Izard County SO too) already uses AWIN a good bit for tactical... why they don't just "go all the way" and use it exclusively, like Jackson County SO, I don't know.

UnidenBC92XLT

Stone County SO (Izard County SO too) already uses AWIN a good bit for tactical... why they don't just "go all the way" and use it exclusively, like Jackson County SO, I don't know.

Is the AWIN digital? My BC92XLT works with Izard CO and some on SC. Actually my BCD396XL doesn't work any better than it does. I got it thinking I could pick up Baxter but I didnt know about the DMR which I guess we cant get.

Last edited:

wbswetnam

Yes, AWIN is a P25 phase I digital trunked system. A BC92XLT won't monitor it. You need a digital scanner such as a Homepatrol 1.

UnidenBC92XLT

Yes, AWIN is a P25 phase I digital trunked system. A BC92XLT won't monitor it. You need a digital scanner such as a Homepatrol 1.

My BCD396XT is a digital scanner but both of them pick up the same thing when Izard is talking. So am I not hearing everything that I should be?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
My BCD396XT is a digital scanner but both of them pick up the same thing when Izard is talking. So am I not hearing everything that I should be?

He says they are using AWIN some so if you don't have AWIN programmed in a digital P25-capable scanner then no.

I'm not up on the model numbers of all of the scanners so I'm not sure off-hand if the 92 gets it but the 396 will.

Check the database on here under the county listings in the AWIN system.

UnidenBC92XLT

He says they are using AWIN some so if you don't have AWIN programmed in a digital P25-capable scanner then no.

I'm not up on the model numbers of all of the scanners so I'm not sure off-hand if the 92 gets it but the 396 will.

Check the database on here under the county listings in the AWIN system.

Izard County, Arkansas (AR) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Thats my county. The 154.740 is my law dispatch they all look same to me. How do you tell if its on AWIN?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Stone County, Arkansas (AR) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Ok thats Stone and looks like the only digital there is all DMR so the analog is same frequency so my 396 picks up the DMR and makes noises when the 155.550 freq talkes. Can I turn off the digital for that freq and here the analog on it on this new digital scanner?

Not there, in the AWIN system - you scroll to the bottom (or look under trunked systems) for the AWIN system - it's what State Police and a multitude of other agencies use in Arkansas.

Edit: Here:

Arkansas Wireless Information Network (AWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
And note:

While you can program a P25 trunked system by hand I don't know anyone that would really want to. Your best bet is using software to get the system. If you have to do it by hand, follow the "Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual" (search online) for instructions.

UnidenBC92XLT

And note:

While you can program a P25 trunked system by hand I don't know anyone that would really want to. Your best bet is using software to get the system. If you have to do it by hand, follow the "Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual" (search online) for instructions.

Wow I think you just blew my mind. lol

Izard County (33) Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
15401 3c29 D 33-IZARD SO Sheriff's Office - Dispatch Law Dispatch

Is this what I need to add just for the izard co AWIN?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.