Stone County Sheriff MOSWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkmood

Noticed the new update in RR MOSWIN for Stone County Sheriff Dispatch. Anyone monitor activity? Entered the TGid last night manually in Sentinel - its scanning the id, but nothing heard....

KC0KBC

Premium Subscriber
This was posted publicly just today by Stone County Sheriff’s office:

“Over the last several days, the Stone County Sheriff’s Office has switched over to a new Digital Radio System. In 2019, after years of negotiating with vendors, the Stone County Commission agreed to purchase a new radio system for the Sheriff’s Office.

The old system we were using had radios anywhere from 10 to 25 yrs old and they were unreliable in numerous spots in the county. The new system is a digital system which no longer utilizes the old analog system.

The new system will allow the Sheriffs Office to communicate with the surrounding counties and with the State Patrol, something we had not been able to effectively do for several years. The system is based on the MOSWIN Radio System utilized by the Missouri State Patrol. We are now utilizing in car repeater systems so communication with the Deputies while on scene is a lot more reliable, and the Deputies, along with the citizens they are out with, are much safer when they can communicate clearly with our 911 Dispatch Center.

Even though you cannot hear the Deputies on the scanners anymore, rest assured we are still out there daily taking care of calls in the County and protecting our Citizens.“

KC0KBC

Premium Subscriber
And in the follow up comments:

“Yes, we do have the encrypted option on the radios. We have instructed the Deputies that encryption should only be used for radio sensitive calls or operations. Day to day transmissions and calls for service are not to be encrypted.”

steener

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting. We travel through Stone County several times a year, and it sounds like I can now remove all the old analog stuff from the favorites lists in my scanners. Also good to hear that they made the correct decision concerning encryption.

Arkmood

Forum users within receiving range of Stone County Sheriff may want to tune in at 8:00am. At that time, a broadcast is put out which contains: Current Officer Safety Issues, Attempts to Locate, BOLOS, etc. - For Stone County, and surrounding Counties/Towns/Local PDs.

Stone County Sheriff's Operations are really impressive.

Arkmood

Duly noted, and appreciate your concern. Anyone who thinks astute Federal, State, and Local Officials (In particular Comm.Directors) don't cruise these forums for Intel - would be sadly mistaken... Posted (after careful consideration) because it's publicly available on free airwaves for anyone with a scanner. If SCS wanted it kept private - they have the capabilities to do it.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely they do and should make attempts to keep certain items within the department. It is always nice to hear things though that will help us stay safe in our homes and neighborhoods. That's why enc should only be used when absolutely needed. In my opinion of course.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Noticed the new update in RR MOSWIN for Stone County Sheriff Dispatch. Anyone monitor activity? Entered the TGid last night manually in Sentinel - its scanning the id, but nothing heard....

I just recently updated my SDS1 and now I am hearing Stone County traffic primarily on the Branson
site....but last night, late, I heard them on the Theodosia and Hollister 700 site

My SDS2, Which I have not yet updated, does not receive it at all.

I live in Southern Taney County

Arkmood

Have noticed a bit more, also believe (by traffic analysis) at times, once a deputy uses it... they mistakenly leave encryption engaged, and could account for the increase...

JRsTheMAN

Yeah good point Arkmood. Sometimes I hear dispatch and not the person they are talking to, which sounds like what you just said. There were some gunshots heard in my neighborhood a few weekends ago around 3AM that woke me up. I then hit record on my scanner and went back to sleep. I reviewed the recordings the next morning and only less than 10 transmissions were recorded and they were after the sun came up. Total encryption.

Arkmood

It appears Stone County Sheriff's Office radio communications will pick up. Stone County Sheriff’s Office will be responding to calls following the Kimberling City Police mass resignation - 30903g Stone County Sheriff Dispatch...

Status
Not open for further replies.