Stop Following a Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have searched high and low and finally decided I will just make a post out of it. I apologize if the answer really is out there.

How do I stop following a post that I am not subscribed to but I have made comments on in the past? This is a very active thread that I can visit if I want to see what is being discussed but in the mean time don't need to see it in my active threads.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You were probably automatically subscribed when you replied to it.

Check your subscriptions and see if it's listed.

I can always delete all your subscriptions if you'd like.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have checked my subscriptions and there are none. I think that I must have subscribed when I replied to the post. However that was a long time ago and I don't really need to follow that thread anymore.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I have checked my subscriptions and there are none. I think that I must have subscribed when I replied to the post. However that was a long time ago and I don't really need to follow that thread anymore.

Did you click on "View all Subscribed Threads"?

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have checked every setting, options, and subscription I can find. I have checked all of these multiple times in fact. What is the next step?

QDP2012

I have checked every setting, options, and subscription I can find. I have checked all of these multiple times in fact. What is the next step?

If you don't want all of your subscriptions to be deleted, you might try these steps:
1) Intentionally, subscribe to the unwanted thread, (do it even though you think you have already done it before; it might help reset something)
2) Make a normal post in the thread, so that it has very recent activity
3) Go to UserCP
4) Choose "View All Subscribed Threads".
5) Scroll through the list and find the unwanted thread. It should be near the top of your thread-list.
6) Use the checkbox in the right column to choose your unwanted thread.
7) Scroll down to the bottom of your list and use the "Selected Threads" pick-list/drop-down box to choose "Delete"
8) Click the "Go" button.

This way, you target and eliminate only the one thread.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
The thread I want to eliminate is not listed as a subscribed thread...

QDP2012

I think he was suggesting you subscribe to it and then unsubscribe.
Correct.
The thread I want to eliminate is not listed as a subscribed thread...
This is why I mentioned that, even if you think you already subscribed to it, you should (re-)subscribe to it now.

I've seen/read about similar occurrences, where subscribing again to the target thread, will cause the forum-system to clear-up whatever might have become messed-up behind the scenes, so that the thread becomes properly listed in your subscribed-threads list. Once you can get the thread to be listed properly, you can then delete (unsubscribe from it) in the standard way.

Edit: If, in your last post, you were indicating that you had resubscribed, and the thread was still not listed, then I have no other suggestions on how to solve that, except requesting that all of your subscriptions be deleted.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have subscribed to it and unsubscribed to it before and nothing happened. I will try it again and expect different results. According to our friend Albert Einstein this is the definition of insanity.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Well I guess I am insane because it didn't work. Maybe if I go in an delete all the posts that I have contributed to that specific thread.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Dang it. On well I guess I will have to accept it as one of those things I don't have control over and leave it at that.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I guess you can try that although am not subscribed to the thread that I no longer wish to receive updates about.

Status
Not open for further replies.