Stopping the standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcat

Hi all -
I just got a new Bearcat BC370CRS, love it so far, but it does something the Bearcat I replaced did not. It seems to go to sleep, or standby. I do not like this, as a continuously listen to the scanner day and night. Am I able to stop this? It appears when it goes into this mode it is not scanning my frequencies and just displaying my clock.
Do I have to live with this all the time and constantly press my power button to wake it up?
Thanks in advance

Newcat

n4yek

It has that function if you operate off the batteries and they are getting low, it will turn the scanner off.
But I don't see anywhere that it would do this if you are running on the AC Adapter, that is an interesting problem.

Here is something that is possible: (this is directly from the owners manual)

To have the BC370CRS alert you at the
selected time, slide Off/Radio/Tone to either
Radio or Tone and turn off the scanner. If
you set the selector to Radio, the alarm will
sound with the selected audio source
(AM/FM, Scanner, or Weather). If you set the
selector to Tone, the scanner will sound a
tone at the set time. To silence the alarm,
slide Off/Radio/Tone to Off.
If you do not turn off the alarm, it will sound for 20 minutes,
then reset to alert you again the following day.

Is it possible you have the scanner actually set as the alarm? If so turn the alarm clock off and see if that fixes it.

Just a thought. :)

Last edited:

newcat

Batteries

I suspected the batteries also, for one reason. I did not recall it doing it on the first day I had it. On the second day, I put the batteries in it. Seemed to do it from that point on. So, earlier to day I took them all out again and I am waiting to see if it does it again.
Thanks for the response and I will post back the result.

newcat

Closure to this is do not put the batteries in and the problem does not surface again

Status
Not open for further replies.