Store Closing Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

Has anyone managed to clean-up at any of the stores that are closing?

I was able to purchase a nice supply of misc. connectors and some RG-58 cable.

However, there are about 12 boxes of RG-6 cables that are at reduced prices and I suspect that I will pick a few of them up tomorrow.

I also purchased two of the Grundig FR-200 radios for about $25 bucks.

Unfortunately, the local store did not have any scanners!

jeffburris

Great deal at RS

The Radio Shack in my area is closing and has everthing at 40% off. I have a PRO-97 I got last Christmas for $149 and I picked up a PRO-96 today for $299. I live in MI and have been waiting to get a digital scanner when the prices came down. I have a business trip to Kansas City next week and now I have to get busy programing my new scanner. I will get WIN96 and start pulling down info from RR.

NYG

I picked up a Pro-96 for $269 and the USB programming cable for $13 and change.

I don't know if all stores were doing it but the store I went to had a flyer for today only that gave an additional 10% off of the already reduced price.

I picked up some other odds and ends and there are a few other Items i'm still eyeing up but waiting for the price to drop further.

The price of the scanner I couldn't pass up though.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Closing Stores @ 50% off now

The closing stores are now featuring scanners & accessories at 50% off retail. I got one of the 800 MHz handheld antennas for $8.50. The USB and older serial adapters were left, along with many of the antennas. The one I went to had a PRO 2051 for $100, and a 2052 for $75.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Store Closings

What your receipts!

We have one that is closing in our area. I stopped by there last weekend and purchased a few items. 2 of them were charged out incorrectly. As I milled around the store after having them correct my sale, 4 other people came in with the same issue. I called a friend who had been at the store earlier that day, they got him to.

The store has already been taken over by the liquidator. They let the old manager go and put theirs in place. I spoke to a regional manager for the shack a few days later and he said this is a common problem that they have no control over.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
This one still had the RS manager and employees. You have to make sure they take the proper discount at the register. The problem here is like all going out of business sales, stuff is taken off MSRP. I called one RS an hour away to see what scanners were left, and they had a PRO 2018 which once sold for $229. It is 50% off that price, just like the 2051's are still in there for $199. I was hoping to find a PRO 2054 for $50!!!!

Scar

I was able to pick-up some 300 ohm TV twin lead so I can try to fabricate a hasty J-pole antenna.

Has anyone had success fabricating a J-pole?

Scar

nevadasky

This like a dream come true! I cleaned out the strore. 40,50, 60% off Almost like stealing. I
feel bad for the poor souls that will loose their job, but, boy I had fun!

ipod

i better use my radio shack credit. i was thinking of using it on black friday! but by the sound of all these stores closing, and my local rs store, though, not closing looks very empty of the traditional stock. not much in scanners, just leftover repacks!

kc7vtr

FWIW...

Overheard in north Phoenix store yesterday... "3 stores are closing and then they're going to open 8 new stores".

A couple of weeks ago at the Glendale store he said the shopping center was raising the rent significantly which is why they were closing.

KLH

Feed Provider
kc7vtr said:
FWIW...

Overheard in north Phoenix store yesterday... "3 stores are closing and then they're going to open 8 new stores".

A couple of weeks ago at the Glendale store he said the shopping center was raising the rent significantly which is why they were closing.
I doubt that they are going to open any new stores. If they were, they would have reloacated existing stores, vs closing them. Remember, they lose lots of money closing stores, and only lose a little money by relocating.

And most, if not all, of the stores closing are low performer stores, or stores that aren't making any profit.

intrepid97

St.Louis,Mo has a few stores closing as well,The store on Olive Blvd. have a PRO-97 for $100 :) and the store on Lewis And Clark have the discone antenna for $30 (regular $72.99)

Last edited:

jeffrey420

I got some deals today. Picked up the amplified ext. speaker for $12.40, and the glass mount scanner antenna for $14.00.

intrepid97

Jeffry,I am about an hour from St.Louis on the Illinois side,Sounds like you got some great deals there :)

jeffrey420

intrepid97 said:
Jeffry,I am about an hour from St.Louis on the Illinois side,Sounds like you got some great deals there :)

That was at the Olive St. store in University City. They have a PRO-97 there. Looks like it might be repacked. I know the first speaker I looked at was repacked. All but 6 inches of the power cord had been cut off and no hardware. So I looked at the next box and it was all there.

The antenna, not sure if it is a good one for reception, but it was all there. For that price I don't think I could go wrong.

Last edited:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hey Gang,
A number of stores within 20mi of me are closing but I have only visited one, I really don't need more "stuff"

Loaded up on antenna mounts, electrical components, random connectors and some computer networking component deals.

As if that wern't enough the manager gave me a 10% off coupon to the 3 closest stores (remaining open) good until 1-2007.

Dave

hoser147

Good deals if you can find one left went to 1 that was closed up already another one 3 mi away was open figured it up got 100 bucks worth of stuff for 20bucks got 110 ft RG8 coax for $2 Power adapter for car/pro 96 6 bucks and a spare 800mhz antenna for 6.80 and a boat load of connectors for pennies on the dollar, cant believe they didnt just pack it up and send it to another store, guess its just another tax right off.................hoser147

jeffrey420

You will love this. I bought a $100 tv antenna for $20. I was going to buy the same thing at another store that closed 2 weeks ago, but didn't. Saved $30 on that one. When I was unloading it the next morning I noticed a shipping sticker on it. The day after the store closed a couple of weeks ago they shipped it from Missouri to Georgia. Then 2 days ago I bought it at another closing store in Missouri. Heck, by time they paid the shipping.

Well you gotta luv it.

intrepid97

I ended up buying an 800mhz antena for $7 and some change from the store on Lewis and Clark,Then I bought a PRO-97 from the Olive Blvd. store at 50% off :)

Oh and I bought a battery charger that will charge 4 AA or AAA btteries for about $6 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.