storm chasers channel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

33kracing

stumbled again (((swear I don't drink))) on a frequency of 452.4500MHz with a dpl code of 261... the chatter was basically talking about the formation of storms here in central Nebraska... is this possible this is the chase group out of hastings? I know according to the database the freq is registered to platte valley communications out of hastings. also, they were using police type ten codes and I heard a number of like "63011"... presumably clay county-ish area given the second numbers were "30"... I just thought id pass this along to scanner listeners who might have some insight..... thanks!!

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Good find!!

Doing a quick search Platte Valley Communications of Hastings has a license WPNX685 for that 452.450 for a repeater located north west of Hastings by Kenesaw. If following the state callsign scheme 63011 would be Clay county EMA.

Maybe Platte Valley lets other local government agencies use their repeaters in the business frequency range.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It is not uncommon for "Government" funded agencies to pay a business radio provider or be donated access. Same is true in Saline County Emergency Management who have access to a business repeater. In Arizona, Buckeye PD used to have two talkgroups on a local business trunked radio system.

Business radio providers will take money from anyone. If you pay them, they will give you access. If you are a volunteer agency that protects the public by storm spotting, you might even get a discount or free access.

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
If anyone can verify that 452.450 DPL 261 is Clay County EMA, we will add it to the DB. For everyone around Adams and Clay counties, this is probably a good freq to have programmed during severe weather. Let us know what you find.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
There is a bunch of wackerism on the typical business channels to make things sound legit, especially with storm chasing/spotting these days. I'd hold off listing it as such (or under a gov't/county channel) unless positive confirmation could be made that it is a "true" EMA freq.

There are many storm clubs that set up radio channels and the such and look/sound official, when they actually are not.

I had to zap a few of these out of the database as govt channels when information came in that they were not govt freq's, but just airtime rented to them.

FCC license looks like its just a community repeater (commercial operation). Nothing government related:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1808633

Status
Not open for further replies.