Storm Chaser's Convention 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone coming to the storm chaser's convention in Denver, Feb 17 - 18 - 19? NWS is presenting spotter training the afternoon of the 19th that's free but you need to register for it.

More info at:http://www.chasercon.com/

twjr80

Feed Provider
I'm not going to this years but did attend last years ChaserCon in Norman Oklahoma and loved it. Great speakers and was great to meet new faces and catch up with ones I hadn't seen in awhile.

kevinparrish

Premium Subscriber
ChaserCon / Denver > Storm Chaser's Convention 2017

Greetings,

As a member of The Weather Channels "Tornado Hunt" field crew I had the opportunity to attend ChaserCon in February 2013.

This event brings together a vast array of highly skilled and talented individuals, it's well worth attending if you can travel to Denver.

I was fortunate to attend the entire conference and then take the SKYWARN training which was held on the last day... It was a great opportunity for me to re-certify for both basic & advanced..

Never take for granted your personal safety when you're operational during severe weather events.

As a survivor of the tornado in El Reno, Oklahoma on May 31st, 2013 I can speak from personal experience.

If you've never seen the Nat Geo documentary it's available on YouTube: search> National Geographic Channel > "Inside The Mega Twister".

Stay Safe out there!

Kevin Parrish

Status
Not open for further replies.