Storm chasers or tracker in Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker

Are there any trackers in Florida?

What is a storm chaser/tracker?

Do these folks work for the news media....?

Orrr are they like free lance n call the storms in to the news media, or public safety.....?

Are these folks paid or compensated? By who? How? How much?

Why all the radios? Who do they talk too?

Just wondering as I find it n weather in general interesting.....

tampatracker

Hey Tracker. I am not a storm chaser, nor am I a news stringer for the media. I'm just a humble scanner enthusiast, whose online name just happens to be what it is :)

EMD91123

Hi,

My name is Michael and I am from Boynton Beach and used to live up in Tampa . I am a SKYWARN spotter and chaser. Trackers are basicly those that choose to stay home and monitor storms and spotters are the ones that are out in the field that report hazardous conditions to local weather service offices. I do chase as well I have chased from the Keys up to south of a line from Cape Canaveral to Ocala. These days with the price of gas I just stay local as much as possible . SKYWARN classes are an excellent start of you want to get involved .

Tracker

Hi,

My name is Michael and I am from Boynton Beach and used to live up in Tampa . I am a SKYWARN spotter and chaser. Trackers are basicly those that choose to stay home and monitor storms and spotters are the ones that are out in the field that report hazardous conditions to local weather service offices. I do chase as well I have chased from the Keys up to south of a line from Cape Canaveral to Ocala. These days with the price of gas I just stay local as much as possible . SKYWARN classes are an excellent start of you want to get involved .

Thanks for the info Michael, are you paid/compensated for your serviced by SKYWARN, or any other news media?
Does SKYWARAN provide you with any sort of ID that identifies you as a "spoter" storm chaser? (in case you get stopped n or questioned by law enforcement)?
Ozzy

Status
Not open for further replies.