Storm Chasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
What are the storm chasers using this spring/summer for frequencies up around Loveland, Ft. Collins to Wyoming border, Greeley, out east toward Yuma, Sterling area?

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Here's a map from 2016 that should be reasonably accurate. For the counties farther east look in the data base for the ARES frequencies for that county. Skywarn frequencies are the ARES group for each county. Weather Nets are now run by the individual ARES groups. Many years ago the Denver Skywarn group used the 146.94 repeater but as participation changed, county ARES groups in each county stepped up to run weather nets. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• DEN-BOU_SkywarnFreqs2016Final.pdf
    397.8 KB · Views: 48

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Storm chasers typically use games and FRS, if anything.

if you are looking for skywarn, just about any ham
Repeater works.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Here's a map from 2016 that should be reasonably accurate. For the counties farther east look in the data base for the ARES frequencies for that county. Skywarn frequencies are the ARES group for each county. Weather Nets are now run by the individual ARES groups. Many years ago the Denver Skywarn group used the 146.94 repeater but as participation changed, county ARES groups in each county stepped up to run weather nets. Hope that helps!
Thanks Jim, Do you have another map and frequencies out by Morgan county out east or can you send me the link that has all the freq's on it and counties? The one you posted was great. I been looking but the ones I found was many years ago like 2005 and 2010 and I'm sure they were out dated. Does counties have car to car also? Thank you very much!

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jim, Do you have another map and frequencies out by Morgan county out east or can you send me the link that has all the freq's on it and counties? The one you posted was great. I been looking but the ones I found was many years ago like 2005 and 2010 and I'm sure they were out dated. Does counties have car to car also? Thank you very much!
I would suggest looking in a repeater guide or the RR Data Base for ARES frequencies for those counties. You might also look for listings for the ARES group in each county. The only map I had was for the Front Range groups.

Are you a registered spotter? Arapahoe ARES is sponsoring a Weather Spotters class on April 8. Send an email to Training@ArapahoeARES.org to register. It's free and being instructed by Scott Entrekin from NWS. I've known Scott for years and he runs a good class.

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
I need to find how to scan south east Colorado from Pueblo to Kansas we always get some funky weather here LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.