Storm Pics (June 29/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_10_92

I thought I would share some pictures I was able to snap of a storm thats currently moving across southern Ontario. These pictures were taken in Aurora, Ontario (for you Home Depot fans, store 7135). Enjoy! There is a link to a small video too. Feedback is always nice.

Just click the image, and the video should start.

I_10_92

Not that I'm aware of. There have been funnel cloud sightings, but no known touchdowns. Some pretty violent rain too. It was quite the adventure driving about 20 mins after those pics were taken.

bwhite

Looks like there is actually a tornado aloft in the one pic, it is at a 45 degree angle. If I recall a video I saw, sounds like they start horizontal with a rolling and then one end drops down to make them vertical, sometimes the lower end makes it to the ground and we know the rest after that. Good pics, looks like a lot of water in them there clouds.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Nice pics and video, I was driving in that and could not see 1 foot in front of the van. Ontario is getting nailed with alot of strong storms. I love it :)

I_10_92

Eventually it was a nice downpour of rain. Difficult to drive, but it subsided, and tappered off..

And I must say thanks to jsparks29 for the feedback. haha

SCPD

QRT
Wow.

Sure glad that tail didn't come down for a landing. That poor little Home Depot wouldn't have stood a chance.

Did you monitor the house fire caused by the lightening strike as well? I was otherwise occupied and caught only the tail end.

Amazingly localized bunch of storms really. It got really dark in Sutton but rained for all of like 20 seconds.

Great shots, thanks for sharing.

biglaz

bwhite said:
Looks like there is actually a tornado aloft in the one pic...
Sorry, but there's no such thing as a tornado aloft. If it's in contact with the ground it's a tornado, if it's not (but still rotating) it's a funnel cloud. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.