Storm rolled through Cook County and Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I wonder what kind of damage it did through out the county/city? I'm in Franklin Park area. I took some lighting pix before it got bad where the warning sirens sounded. I had my scanner and it non stop talking on Chicago FD and the area I am in. I had Franklin Park turn on see what was happening. Heard a few funnel clouds were by North Lake, Melrose etc... We all went down stairs case something did happen bad. Here is 2 pictures I took of the lighting. I heard 2 tornadoes touch down in Elmhurst Ill. and Schiller Park Ill. not sure if confirm or not.

http://digital-photography-school.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26553

Last edited:

bakechad

The far Western suburbs got hit pretty hard. Several tornados touched down and there were a bunch of lightning fires and trees down.

I was listening to Kane County ARES guys and Tri-Com dispatch. Tri-com was non-stop with calls for three hours straight. And the ARES guys are great! These guys don't enough credit for the job they do.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The far Western suburbs got hit pretty hard. Several tornados touched down and there were a bunch of lightning fires and trees down.

I was listening to Kane County ARES guys and Tri-Com dispatch. Tri-com was non-stop with calls for three hours straight. And the ARES guys are great! These guys don't enough credit for the job they do.

The ARES people are great like you said too bad they don't hardly get the credit. We had another one passed by but mostly lighting and rain and some hail. I heard a house got struck by lighting but not sure where at. I had my GMRS channel on 6 didn't hear nothing on that unless they went on after I fell asleep.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
After hearing "grid testing " on Will Co Edacs system i see application for the new freq's on the Carma site 15mgz lower...Im hearing D5-Starcom saying to bring in your radio's for re-programming...Looks like it's comming soon....Seeing a "blog" on yahoo saying Uniden will sell two new radios by years end, one analog and a 396XT -digital , no info yet but both H/H....Im hearing towers farther away from my location better than the locals on Starcom=T105-Lee Co, T111-Winnabago Co and T112-Boone Co....Also because of wierd weather conditions to say the least hearing from LaSalle Co the "Motorola Type11 "Clear Talk" system....

Status
Not open for further replies.