storm scanner feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
TBD....I would start looking what TX coastal counties are available!

Gonna be more of a rain event, only making the tropical storm category. At least that is the latest forecast....

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
TBD....I would start looking what TX coastal counties are available!

Gonna be more of a rain event, only making the tropical storm category. At least that is the latest forecast....

I know it changed after you posted, but it's expected to be a Cat 3 hurricane now.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yup, the EOC and Command Post for evacuations and supply staging is on Mutual Aid 22 (1895)

SAPD Traffic 1-O (333) is patched with Mutual Aid 25 (1898) for traffic operations

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
The Nueces County Public Safety feed, which was the top feed, just went offline. Sure was interesting listening to that while it lasted.

W3DMV

During the recent big flood and power outage in North Carolina the majority of feeds in the
effected area were off line. Would think the same thing will happen in Texas as the storm
moves in.
Lot of guys run scanners on batteries but many don't have a big UPS to power the computers.

djs13pa

Don't forget to look up and listen to the Hurricane Watch Net and VoIP WX Nets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbarker

Robert
They were interviewing Rockport Fire Chief about 10am who said all their radios are down. not sure what sytems. land lines, power and internet down. Very limited Cellar reception.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Is there an online feed of Texas DMR MARC talkgroups?

There is, but I can't remember where. I'm monitoring the local DMR-MARC site (N1WP), and there doesn't seem to be much storm-related traffic. In fact, it has been rather quiet for most of the afternoon. A quick glance at the repeater map on DMR-MARC's website shows actually only one site anywhere near the effected area--in Freeport. There aren't any in the San Antonio or Corpus Christi areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.