Storms 10-11-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdz

Feed Provider
Hey all,

I know its a little after that fact, but I'm getting a lot of traffic on Box 15, and on Red Cross talk groups. I guess there was an area off of central college road that got hit pretty hard. Just thought I'd pass it on for you guys to monitor.

mmartinfan

Banned
yep kinda turned ugly around 730p. Then it got real ugly @ 745 with a 2nd alarm fire @ Sunbury and Mock Rd's 2sty apartment fire showing out the roof.

I got about a block from my house before I was cancelled.

wdz

Feed Provider
Well, its official. The NWS stated this afternoon that it was an F2 tornado that hit the Upper Albany neighborhood off of Central College Rd. They were very lucky there were no injuries up there... someone must have really been looking out for them!

Slawterr

Yeah it was pretty nasty, I had driven right through the general area where the tornado hit about 10 mins before it happened. I was listening to the event and eventually lost track of equipment that was responding. If I had to guess, maybe 20-30 pieces of equipment were on the scene. Mifflin and Jefferson townships initiated move ups for a while, but there wasn't much equipment close to move up when that 2nd alarm hit. I know that some Harlem Twp and Washington Twp companies were moved up at one point. Just general craziness in the Gahanna area last night. Lets hope we don't go for 3 Wedensday's in a row with severe weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.