Stow pd and fd old vhf frequencies transmitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra_Commander

Radio Guru
Premium Subscriber
I was listening to the old vhf pd and fd frequencies of stow and it sounded like there old vhf repeaters were transmitting the pd frequencies kept transmitting with a dead carrier Squelch and the same for the FD frequency are they testing there old legacy frequencies to see if the repeaters still work whats going on with them transmitting haven't heard them transmit since they switched all operations over to the summit merc system.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I was listening to the old vhf pd and fd frequencies of stow and it sounded like there old vhf repeaters were transmitting the pd frequencies kept transmitting with a dead carrier Squelch and the same for the FD frequency are they testing there old legacy frequencies to see if the repeaters still work whats going on with them transmitting haven't heard them transmit since they switched all operations over to the summit merc system.

I know that tones can become distorted and not work well on digital systems. Many agencies, Hamilton County for one, learned after switching to digital, that they had to start using their old analog systems just to transmit dispatch tone outs and knoxbox signals.

http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...-hamiltion-county-new-dispatch-freqencys.html

It is possible that Stowe has the same situation.
I see that their old 155.760 has been licensed for narrow band.
I also noticed that they are also licensed for 769.00625/799.00625 Mobile Vehicle Repeaters.

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KQJ267 - STOW, CITY OF - Frequencies Summary

ULS License - Conventional Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQMG664 - STOW, CITY OF - Frequencies Summary

This is all speculation based on my analysis of the FCC information and recent events involving sending tones over digital systems.

Last edited:

dizwiz

I'm also detecting this dead tone on my psr500. I've had to lockout the freq.

Nasby

I hear the same thing on Stow PD/FD VHF channels, mostly at night. Its almost as if there's an open mic for up to a minute. But there is no voice traffic at all. It's coming from Stow because the PL#'s match the FD/PD. I know that Stow has kept their VHF Police freq in their dispatch center as a backup and in case Kent PD (who use only analog VHF radios) can contact them if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.