Strange Fav List Scanning Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa2sqq

Using Sentinal Software:

This weekend I discovered what might be a “bug” or some operational peculiarity.

While scanning one favorite list, the 536 is also scanning a second favorite list that is NOT selected. Let me explain the scenario.

Favorite list #8 (Local Scanning) along with a second list also sharing FL #8 (Fire Buffs) is selected is enabled. Both groups work just fine while Fav List #8 is enabled.

Next, I enabled Fav List #21, than disabled #8. The Fire Buffs list is still scanned (along with the enabled #21), but while it scans that list, or when it stops on an active freq in that list, there is no indication on the Fav List display.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You have a 2nd copy of Fire Buffs that has no QK assigned. (Or, if there is only one copy, it has no QK assigned.)

wa2sqq

Nope.
Only one version of this Fav list (Fire Buff), and it has a QK of 8 assigned, along with "Local Scanning" which also had 8 assigned.

I just assigned "Fire Buff" to its own QK and the problem goes away. It looks like it has something to do with sharing the QK.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Oh, I read too quickly. You cannot assign more than one FL to the same QK. I thought you meant both systems were in the same FL.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If a favorite list has no key assignment, it will be scanned whenever it is turned on in the scanner main menu. (Set Scan Selection ==> Select Lists To Monitor)

To scan a favorite list with a quick key, it has to be enabled in the main menu, then the quick key turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.