R8600 Strange operation or firmware Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pp7

Hi Everybody, I am in the NE of England and using the R8600. I set it up to do a Program Scan on the 2 Mtr band as follows 144Mhz to 146Mhz, FM, Filter 2 and 12.5k TS and when I start the scan all of those parameters are loaded in and the scan works as expected. However if I stop the scan and change the Mode, Filter or Tuning step manually to different values and then restart the scan it will retain those manual settings even though the original settings are stored in the scan memory. If I exit the scan and start the scan again the manual settings remain., but if I change the mode, filter,ts and move the frequency outside of the 144-146 Mhz range and restart the scan then all the programed settings are restored. Is this a firmware bug or is it doing what its supposed to do. Thanks Take Care.

N8YX

Why are you using a 12.5KHz tuning step? 2M "channel spacing" is typically 15KHz and I wonder if the radio takes this into account.

Mike_G_D

Why are you using a 12.5KHz tuning step? 2M "channel spacing" is typically 15KHz and I wonder if the radio takes this into account.
As the OP is in England, I believe that the 12.5 kHz steps are more common there. Here in the US, yes. 15 kHz and sometimes 20 kHz are the "norms" for 2M but not neccessarily true outside the US.

-Mike

pp7

Hi, It doesn't matter what parameters you put in, this is just the program scan I'm using, set up your own, set the scan away, stop the scan/ exit change any of the parameters Mode,Tuning step,Filter. on the main screen then recall the scan and it sets away using the parameter(s) you have just typed in and not what is stored in its scan memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.