Strange problem with feed archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlsentell

Feed Provider
I'm having an unusual problem with archives on my feed. I originally thought it was a problem with ScannerCast (which I'm using), but apparently it isn't. Here's my original post on it...

ScannerCast works great for me. The feed is always up and there aren't many drops, if any. However, after a variable amount of time - sometimes a month, sometimes an hour - the archive files only end up with 15 minutes of audio instead of 30. When I look at the RR archive page, it shows 30 minute increments, but when I open the downloaded audio, there's only 15 minutes of audio there. Also, the audio is frequently juxtaposed - the end of the clip is at the beginning and vice-versa. If you listen live - usually it works fine, but at some times, if you listen live for 15 minutes, there's no audio after that.

Rebooting solves the problem, but only for a certain time (the amount of time varies). Any input on this is appreciated.

Anybody have any help on this one?

Some additional information, if it might help:

ScannerCast, latest version
HP workstation on Windows domain, running Windows XP SP3 with latest updates
Nothing else running on workstation, save Symantec Endpoint Protection
Login has administrative rights

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For the purposes of this thread and an Audio Admin hopefully seeing it, what server is your feed currently sending to? Perhaps an Admin can move his feed to a different server so we can eliminate that being the cause.

Peter and I feel this is NOT a ScannerCast issue.

rlsentell

Feed Provider
For the purposes of this thread and an Audio Admin hopefully seeing it, what server is your feed currently sending to? Perhaps an Admin can move his feed to a different server so we can eliminate that being the cause.

Peter and I feel this is NOT a ScannerCast issue.

The server is: audio3.radioreference.com - according to ScannerCast.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Lindsay just to follow up, last night we made sure the latest version of ScannerCast is running, and I've got a local copy of Streamripper running on the machine ripping 30 minute archive files. If the problem does resurface, I'll be interested in comparing the locally ripped files with the RR archive files, and hopefully we can narrow down whether it's a local or remote issue. So far everything is running normal.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Just getting caught up on the last couple months of threads. I have noticed this happening several times in the last couple months. One particular incident was this last week when the Chandler, AZ Officers were shot in Phoenix. I went to listen to the 30 minute segment when it first started and that segment lasted 21 minutes before it jumped to the next 30 minute segment. I tried playing it back again but it skipped after the first 21 minutes. About a 10 minute gap in recording.

This was on the Phoenix Police feed for the 6:12-6:42pm time segment.

Jason

rlsentell

Feed Provider
Chauffeur6 was able to solve this, by upgrading the broadcast computer to the latest version of ScannerCast (using the special version designed specifically for RadioReference). Also, automatic Windows Updates may cause a problem - consider disabling them.

I can't remember what else Chauffeur6 did, but since then, there have been no more problems. I'm sure he could elaborate if you asked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.