Strange Pulse Tone On 11220kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Never heard this sound before. Strange pulsing tone on 11.220.5 USB. Anybody have any clues as to what this may be? Time 0044UTC

Rob

SCPD

QRT
Im no expert on ACARS systems but the rapid tones and the rhythm of the tones do not sound like ACARS. ACARS on HF usually sounds like a beep and than a long data burst. I wish I had a cable to record it. If you tune to the freq you may be able to hear it from Texas?

Haley

I have heard it several times also in the last year. To me it sounds like some type of data burst. As to what it is , I have no clue. But curious also. Mike

Token

I noticed this last night and took a quick look at it. It appears to be a 4FSK signal. Mike Chase-Ortiz thinks it is a TE204 4FSK system that is having a few technical problems, and I would tend to agree based on what I can find in print and on the web.

T!

SCPD

QRT
I noticed this last night and took a quick look at it. It appears to be a 4FSK signal. Mike Chase-Ortiz thinks it is a TE204 4FSK system that is having a few technical problems, and I would tend to agree based on what I can find in print and on the web.

T!

Thanks Token! Im guessing a TE204 is some sort of military computer modem?

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.