Strange radio call this weekend in NWFlorida

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
This weekend I was monitoring Santa Rosa Sheriff when the alert tones went off across all the channels and the dispatcher asked all 10-8 units to 10-70 (switch to) Escambia. I picked up the SRSO units on ECSO N. Tac (Ch-7) calling out street intersections and saying No Lights. Units were doing this across the county. I also heard Pensacola Police and Escambia Sheriff making the same calls, “Intersection & No Lights” Does anyone know why they do this?? Seems like some kind of exercise. I heard them do this once before.

ki4moc

Hey Dan,
I have heard them do this before, usually around 8:30 while driving to school. Dispatch will say "Santa Rosa all units Signal 22 PRO, all responding units 10-70 to Escambia." I have a feeling that this is some sort of test, but I am not positive.

wise871

Database Admin
Dylan
Thanks for the additional information. Now that you mentioned it, I have heard them talk about an Alarm (Signal 22-Activated Alarm).
Dan

ki4moc

Now, im just wondering how a "22-PRO" is different than a "22", and why they use the tone??:)

Cavscout

I am not sure but the radio traffic mentioned sounds a lot like the RDF (Radio Direction Finding) systems that some units have for Lojack and the transmitters from banks.

ki4moc

I am not sure but the radio traffic mentioned sounds a lot like the RDF (Radio Direction Finding) systems that some units have for Lojack and the transmitters from banks.

I think this may be what we are hearing, Thanks

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
This weekend I was monitoring Santa Rosa Sheriff when the alert tones went off across all the channels and the dispatcher asked all 10-8 units to 10-70 (switch to) Escambia. I picked up the SRSO units on ECSO N. Tac (Ch-7) calling out street intersections and saying No Lights. Units were doing this across the county. I also heard Pensacola Police and Escambia Sheriff making the same calls, “Intersection & No Lights” Does anyone know why they do this?? Seems like some kind of exercise. I heard them do this once before.

Dan, "10-22 Pro" is the code for bank robbery. The "pro" is a RFID device that is hidden in the money packs from banks that can be tracked by all officers in the area. The officers go to predetermined intersections and report if they have a signal on there receiver and how many "bars" of signal strength. It is radio direction finding to determine which direction the money and suspect are going after the robbery. The more officers involved, the better it is to track the "pro", that is why they request additional assistance from Santa Rosa SO.

One of the local Pensacola banks have been having problems with one of there money drawers lately and have set off the "pro" many times in the past few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.