Strange receive events

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1mri

On my BCT15 my local FD last year update all it radio equipment to 482.1375. Here's what's happening. Some days I get a signal strength of 3 bars and it sounds great. Other days I get 5 bars but can barely hear the transmissions. I live about a mile from the antenna tower. Just the other day the ambulance service complained that they could barely hear the dispatcher also (YIKES!).

I don't know if they are still adjusting the equipment or what. Now today it pouring rain outside 5 bars low sound. Yesterday, no rain 3 bars great sound.

BTW every other channel I monitor is just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

jackj

Sounds like the people who installed the system need to get back and check it out. Or maybe they are checking it out and that's why signal strength and deviation is changing. Anyway, if other system sound good then I doubt the problem is with your scanner.

Viper43

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

5 bars but poor or garbled transmissions could be overload try attenuation and see how it sounds

k1mri

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

5 bars but poor or garbled transmissions could be overload try attenuation and see how it sounds

It's like that on all my 4 other scanners as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.