Strange San Antonio Fire Department radio traffic Aug. 9, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrotumola

They certainly deleted the expletives. I heard it live over Tac 2 shortly after a structure fire scene closed. I did not catch the RID of the radio used so I am unsure if it was a radio that had just been left behind at a scene of that structure fire call or a radio that was tuned in to listen and was wrongfully appropriated.

~S~

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
7:30 pm on the 9th of August. Dispatch can play it back and catch the RID I believe. Then they can brick the radio. Which I am sure they did. The SAFD guy that comes on at the end says they can pin point his location when he keys up. I didn't think that was an active feature on the system or the Harris radios they use.

sheilaaliens

7:30 pm on the 9th of August. Dispatch can play it back and catch the RID I believe. Then they can brick the radio. Which I am sure they did. The SAFD guy that comes on at the end says they can pin point his location when he keys up. I didn't think that was an active feature on the system or the Harris radios they use.

Wow, I found the audio in the archives. He sounds like a nutjob about to go on a shooting rampage. Kinda creepy.... Thanks again for the timestamp, would not have been able to track this down without it.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I pulled it up, it is at about 5:32 into the August 9th 7:21-7:51 PM block in the archives and runs until 6:09 when the authorized user responds to him and then it gets bled over by the locution since that archive cuts all dead air.

This brings up a good point. Someone needs to run a separate feed for SAFD Locution. That crap probably runs over so much interesting traffic on the feed it is on that it has to be unbearable for daily listening. It certainly sucks trying to go back and find something in the archives.

sheilaaliens

I pulled it up, it is at about 5:32 into the August 9th 7:21-7:51 PM block in the archives and runs until 6:09 when the authorized user responds to him and then it gets bled over by the locution since that archive cuts all dead air.

This brings up a good point. Someone needs to run a separate feed for SAFD Locution. That crap probably runs over so much interesting traffic on the feed it is on that it has to be unbearable for daily listening. It certainly sucks trying to go back and find something in the archives.

So did this guy purposefully intercept their radio traffic to make his little statement? Like a radio pirate or whatever?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
He had to have an authorized radio, he didn’t sound intelligent enough to have hacked his way onto a pro voice EDACS talkgroup. I would guess a neighbor or relative of a police or firefighter that saw a radio laying around and got stupid.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Yeah he definitely had an authorized radio. Stolen, found, or a family member. Not only is it EDACS Provoice but they run ESK on the control channels so you can't just program a radio at home you buy off Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.