Strange signal / Marion county

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO4IPV

I am receiving Marion County fire rescue talk-group ID 1105 , it was my understanding that was a encrypted frequency I may be seeing it wrong can someone please check that on the database for me a double check. That would be fire scene 2

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
encryption is usually selectable by the operator in the field... so it's certainly possible you indeed heard un-encrypted comms on that TG.

KO4IPV

encryption is usually selectable by the operator in the field... so it's certainly possible you indeed heard un-encrypted comms on that TG.
Thanks , yes still hear it this morning , it’s is only 1 side of conversation, sounds like dispatch only. I did look at it again on RR database, it definitely says DE for all talkgroups. However very pleased I receive this audio, not much around here to focus on.

batdude

i for one - NEVER "give up" on systems that are supposed to be 100% encrypted. I still have NFM / Analog federal traffic in my area that is 100% in the clear.... so it pays to keep listening!

keep us posted on the system and submit updates if you can!

doug

RFI-EMI-GUY

i for one - NEVER "give up" on systems that are supposed to be 100% encrypted. I still have NFM / Analog federal traffic in my area that is 100% in the clear.... so it pays to keep listening!

keep us posted on the system and submit updates if you can!

doug

We had some Federal activity on 167 MHz here that was entirely in the clear. I could hear the OTAR being used frantically for three days.

batdude

We had some Federal activity on 167 MHz here that was entirely in the clear. I could hear the OTAR being used frantically for three days.
COMPLETELY AGREE! In today's world, especially with DSD+ and an SDR and/or SDR# and an Airspy - scanning the fed bands can still be very, very fun!

doug

Status
Not open for further replies.