Strange Signal on Statewide 155.505

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

Ok this is very strange. I am hearing on 155.505 the old Statewide freq some crazy beeps, pulses, and low static. I have no idea if this is some new interference or whats going on. Anyone else getting this??

qlajlu

Silent Key
Ok this is very strange. I am hearing on 155.505 the old Statewide freq some crazy beeps, pulses, and low static. I have no idea if this is some new interference or whats going on. Anyone else getting this??
It is 1635 hours (that's 4:35 pm for you landlubbers) and I am not hearing anything like you described, Viper.

kd7rto

I've been hearing some strange signals on the old UHF statewide link, 460.125. Sounds like a mixture of several ucan tg's, at various dev. levels.

yaesu_dave

I've been hearing some strange signals on the old UHF statewide link, 460.125. Sounds like a mixture of several ucan tg's, at various dev. levels.

I too have noticed the strange signals on 460.125, and as near as I can tell, the noise is coming from the Salt Lake County school buses on 155.205 somehow getting into the statewide repeater. When I hear the voices and bits of audio on 460.125, what I hear is the same voices and audio that's also on 155.205. The only thing I can think of is that the repeater for the Salt Lake County school buses is at the same location as the repeater for the old UHF statewide link. Sounds like someone needs to put a PL tone on one or both of the repeaters to prevent the signals from mixing!

David

kd7rto

I too have noticed the strange signals on 460.125, and as near as I can tell, the noise is coming from the Salt Lake County school buses on 155.205 somehow getting into the statewide repeater. When I hear the voices and bits of audio on 460.125, what I hear is the same voices and audio that's also on 155.205. The only thing I can think of is that the repeater for the Salt Lake County school buses is at the same location as the repeater for the old UHF statewide link. Sounds like someone needs to put a PL tone on one or both of the repeaters to prevent the signals from mixing!
I was thinking that it was a patch to UCAN, but you're right, it does sound more like intermod/mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.