Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Last night on the radio I was picking up KLIF 570 am Dallas TX. but the strange part is not on 570 tho I was picking KLIF on 1700 am I dont live any where near texas I live in North east New Jersey. very strange I am very confused any one kno why?

thank you

N4JNW

Now I'm not THAT bad... but I do enjoy sliding around the band and listening for the ID's..

strange

While y'all are talking about AM skip, anyone know what spanish-language station is booming in to NE US on 1120 when KMOX is nulled out?? Its a lively salsa/tropical music station that comes in real nice until they make any voice announcements between songs and then , as is my luck, it always fades out until the next song begins!! It doesn't sound like the typical Cubans(Rebelde/Progreso/Reloj) and I know its not Mexico just who is it? Maybe its a domestic ESP station. Anybody know??

N4UYV_Al

KG4LJF said:
That would be awesome... Never thought of doing that.... LOL

Yeah, a friend & I (before we were hams) just put a longwire on the HF receiver & tuned the AM broadcast band....Tuned into WLS outa Chicago & called them when they gave a call-in number...They put us on the air!!!!....lol

JimTailor

AM DXing has gotten much more frustrating than it used to be. When I worked at the local AM station you hammered out the call letters regularly and we ran live local origination programming 24/7. Lots of opportunities from DJ chatter, commercial spots and PSA's to pick up some tid bit to identify us if your were listening from half a continent away. Now, especially at night, so many stations are picking up feeds of nationally sydicated programs that its virtually impossible to get many clues of the station ID. You pretty much have to be tuned in on the hour to catch the official station ID. That really restricts your ability to ID very many stations in a given DX session.

Status
Not open for further replies.