Strategies for programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I would like to program a bct15x & 125at for both civil & milair ,..I currently have an older BC898 I use & the way it was programmed was to just read the forums (Michigan military activity) and put in the frequencies from everyone's logs ,..kind of a cobbled together approach all over the place & without alpa tags ,..so I want to upgrade & fix , & am wondering how everyone else approaches it , the handheld I intend to take on trips, & airshows & the base will be mostly for milair , Now I live in a border city, in Canada across from Detroit so Im thinking my plan should be to draw a circle on the map a few hundred kilometers around me & look at what frequencies everything would use within that ,..so lets say a gulfstream is traveling from Detroit to Toronto ,..I should have all the frequencies in so that I can follow it as far as radio conditions allow ,..then I should have all the common air to air ,..search & rescue guard frequencies etc , then all the refueling freqs & enroute freqs , any nearby airbases (selfridge) any nearby ,or even not so nearby MOA's (steelhead ,pike) & any airshow freqs like showboss , demonstration teams etc ...The idea being I can select either military or civilian at any time , as well as being able to narrow listening to either just my local airport traffic , or widen it by selecting all frequencies that would be in use in the entire region , Im going to try not to mix civil & milair because i dont want to miss the short milair transmissions when selected , Am I missing anything ? or is there a better way to do it & any other frequencies I should look for ?

lou9155

my bc15 is my milair scanner..what i did was to program each system to its own scanlist i started from my home and added systems 1 is ACY nj air guard 2 is joint base andrews lots of air combat patrols 3 is all civilian air 4 is joint base mcguire 5 is common usaf freq 7 is maryland air gaurd..i even get hits from air force one on the andrews scanlist

nyair1

I have all my radios setup the same. Have groups for Norad/Huntress, Uhf centers, AR, A/A and so on. I have special groups for say air show freqs and things you dont normally scan all the time. I like to keep everything programmed the same so if im listening to something i know no matter which radio i use everything will be in it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.