Strathroy-Caradoc Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just a note to anyone in the area... if you hadn't noticed, SCPS has been running analog again since about last Friday. I've heard a few grumblings that they aren't too happy with their MotoTRBO setup. I can only assume they will be back to digital before long, after a little tweaking is done.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I spoke with a tech from a local two way shop that sells a lot of Motorola systems and he was quite surprised that any public safety user would go TRBO at this point in time.

He was concerned that it wasn't a proven technology yet (Motorola just released a major firmware update today) and wasn't intended for public safety.

Hopefully the latest firmware update will help SCPS.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Technically, yes... provided they aren't using any type of encryption and you were able to get ahold of the proper programming information (not to mention the software, a programming cable etc etc). So it is possible, but it would be a pain. Hopefully they stay analog for a while. Apparently they are having interference issues of some sort while in digital mode.

KCA6YU

King Charles Adam 6 Young Union
Hi all
How does one monitor them in the analog mode? Used to listen to them on 142.335.

Status
Not open for further replies.