Strathroy P.D. Forts

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I hear Strathroy is still using 142.335Mhz, any updates on this? Also have you heard anything on the new London fire and police radios. I understand they are going to upgrade but have not heard to what. TKS in advance.

Muxlow

Super Secret
London police are doing a upgrade. But not really to the radios. They are switching from a microwave system for their radio transmissions and for the laptops to a citywide wireless internet service. Guess their net for the laptops is very slow for cpic and stuff like that.
As for the fire service not a clue

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
London Fire: Not sure what they are up to. They were doing coverage testing all around the city a month or two back, and were also reportedly doing testing on the EDACS system. I know they are pretty eager to upgrade but it seems the funds just aren't there. Their current system has been plagued with problems for a while now and it seems it's getting harder and harder to keep alive.

London PS: They are in the process of upgrading their portables from LPE-200's to Jaguars. Don't think they made the transition to ProVoice though (too expensive). I hadn't heard anything about the upgrades for the data stuff. They use the EDACS system extensively for this and it has treated them well, but I don't doubt that it's slow compared to what else is out there now.

Strathroy: Both police and fire are having a slew of issues of late. The whole MotoTRBO thing has been a nightmare, and it still being investigated from what I hear. They are also having issues with the system even in analog mode, and so are the fire guys. I think this is more related to the lightning strike the comm centre took about 3 weeks ago. It totally toasted the dispatch console and I think it wreaked havok on some of the repeaters too. Fire sounds especially bad of late.. audio is garbled and has huge amounts of feedback. Dispatch has been using portables at times to communicate. The police guys are also finding complete dead spots where their portables don't receive or transmit. Apparently Spectrum now has some Motorola guys from the US on site to see if they can sort things out.

pro_96

Premium Subscriber
London Fire

London fire is updating to a new radio system and are working with london police to use thier towers . They should be up and running late fall.

moonbounce

Thanks for the update guys. I undetstand Faulkner got a good slice of the city budget and is not accountable to anyone as to what he is going to do with it (covert police and all lol).
I did not know that Strathroy P.D. comms got hit by lightning I wonder who forgot to gound the tower. I often think about lightning strikes to those tower like CFPL.
If anyone hears anymore info, it would be appreciated if you could post it here. Thanks again to you Forts and Muxlow.

Muxlow

Super Secret
So it would seem London Fire would be moving to the EDACS system then if they are chit chatting with LPS eh?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well, they were testing it at least (coverage on the cities system vs LFD's system). What they finally decided to do I'm not yet sure. Haven't heard anything thru the media channels.... I heard at one point they wanted to build a new P25 system but I doubt they were able to properly fund that project.

Status
Not open for further replies.