Stream through Zello

KK4ELO

OK, I have an interesting one here guys. I'm an amateur radio operator, but I have a problem Im hoping someone can help with. I like to chat on the radio while I'm at work, but while I can receive the repeater inside the plant, it's not so much getting out with a handheld. I have an old cellphone and wifi, created a zello account, and set the app for vox as did I the radio set for the repeater. The thing is, everything works perfectly for the first couple of hours. Then the audio received through zello goes to crap. Very static/unintelligible and will remain that way the rest of the day. Im thinking maybe temperature difference through the day may be messing with the phone mic??
So I tried a more "direct" approach by trying to adapt a cable to directly connect the two eliminating the mic on vox with direct audio to the mic input. This doesn't seem to work at all either.

Is there something I'm missing in the cable scenario? This would be the best option for me so I don't pick up any audio inside the home.

Thanks for any help. I'm sure this is easily solvable.

Kc8qdq

OK, I have an interesting one here guys. I'm an amateur radio operator, but I have a problem Im hoping someone can help with. I like to chat on the radio while I'm at work, but while I can receive the repeater inside the plant, it's not so much getting out with a handheld. I have an old cellphone and wifi, created a zello account, and set the app for vox as did I the radio set for the repeater. The thing is, everything works perfectly for the first couple of hours. Then the audio received through zello goes to crap. Very static/unintelligible and will remain that way the rest of the day. Im thinking maybe temperature difference through the day may be messing with the phone mic??
So I tried a more "direct" approach by trying to adapt a cable to directly connect the two eliminating the mic on vox with direct audio to the mic input. This doesn't seem to work at all either.

Is there something I'm missing in the cable scenario? This would be the best option for me so I don't pick up any audio inside the home.

Thanks for any help. I'm sure this is easily solvable.
I do that now if you would information on how I did it you can email me