Streaming audio from HP1 using USB data

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

From the HomePatrol Extreme information page:
USB Audio and Data Out — Want to set up your HomePatrol-1 to stream live audio to the web...without creating a rat's nest of wires? The Extreme Upgrade lets you do just that, sending both audio and the channel data out through the USB port to your computer. (Third-party software required for streaming applications.)

Anyone aware of any third party software doing that at this point (5 months later)? The only third parties using the data at all at this point are ArcPatrol and Unitrunker.. Rick hasn't said how hard it was adapting the digital input to Unitrunker, I was hoping that might spur on some other development.

It all sounded so good back in August, I've gotta admit the PSR800's one up with it's plain vanilla baseband out :(

t_shuffle

If I was a third-party software developer, I might be hesitant to spend the time and money writing a program that will only be usable by those that want (or are able) to pay Uniden an additional $100.

OCO

If I was a third-party software developer, I might be hesitant to spend the time and money writing a program that will only be usable by those that want (or are able) to pay Uniden an additional $100.

And you have those sales figures for the HP1? You know how big the market is? How much hobbyist targeted software do you think isn't for niche markets anyway? :roll:

t_shuffle

And you have those sales figures for the HP1? You know how big the market is? How much hobbyist targeted software do you think isn't for niche markets anyway? :roll:

It seems my reply simply speculating on the reason for the lack of third-party apps has somehow made you angry. That was certainly not my intention, and I'm a little confused as to why you feel the need to belittle me.

Of course I don't have access to Uniden's sales figures for the HP-1, or for the Extreme update. I'm just an end user.

My apologies for replying to your thread.

OCO

It seems my reply simply speculating on the reason for the lack of third-party apps has somehow made you angry. That was certainly not my intention, and I'm a little confused as to why you feel the need to belittle me.

Of course I don't have access to Uniden's sales figures for the HP-1, or for the Extreme update. I'm just an end user.

My apologies for replying to your thread.

Nope - my fault, no apology necessary.....You were correct in pointing out and I knee jerked on the cost issue..

Peace? (can't divide us HP1 users, you know we can barely walk and chew gum, ya know, not like real scanner programmers:D)

SCPD

QRT
Rick hasn't said how hard it was adapting the digital input to Unitrunker,
The sample program provided by Uniden (along with the de-compiled source done by another RR member) should make it very easy for anyone so inclined.

OCO

The sample program provided by Uniden (along with the de-compiled source done by another RR member) should make it very easy for anyone so inclined.
Rick are you referring to the work that Rfaricy was doing and dropped? He's locked the folder that the stuff was in (lots of other stuff accessible though)..

t_shuffle

Nope - my fault, no apology necessary.....You were correct in pointing out and I knee jerked on the cost issue..

Peace? (can't divide us HP1 users, you know we can barely walk and chew gum, ya know, not like real scanner programmers:D)

Peace for sure, my friend. And while I very strongly disagree with, and feel a little betrayed by Uniden's decision to lock out and then sell some very basic functions, I still think this is one hell of a neat little radio, and I'm enjoying it very much. I think it's raised the bar for the entire industry.

I just don't see the logic in possibly discouraging third-party software development by not allowing it to work for everyone that bought the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.