Streaming audio to cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

New to the system. If this is not the proper place please direct me to the proper thread/section.
I am looking for information to stream/rebroadcast fire pages to cellphones. I have seen some commercial services, but I would like to see if I can do it myself. Basically, wanting to send the page audio either by a .wav file or other file to the phone so it will act similar to a pager when out of the area, or away from the pager.
Thanks in advance....

HRT

You're looking for something that acts like eDispatches?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s8+ using Tapatalk.

Google TwoToneDetect. This is probably exactly what you want.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s8+ using Tapatalk.

nated1992

Two Tone Detect is what you need. It sends and saves the dispatches so a good sized hard drive is a good idea or setting up a scheduled task to empty the folder every so often.
There is good instructions on setting it up as well but if ya need any help give me a shout.

OK, got it, thsnks.... next question, just it just detect the tones and retransmit them, or does it record the audio also and send it to a cellphone(s)? Havent had the time to look at it yet.

TIA

HRT

Looks like it sends it in an email as an audio file. Is it capable of doing something fairly close to live audio. I want to use this as a backup to pagers, and would like it to "pop up" on the phone.... not sure I am making myself clear, but please bear with me....

HRT

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Looks like it sends it in an email as an audio file. Is it capable of doing something fairly close to live audio. I want to use this as a backup to pagers, and would like it to "pop up" on the phone.... not sure I am making myself clear, but please bear with me....

HRT
TTD does not stream, it sends an attachment, that has however many seconds of audio, after being triggered by a tone set. How long it takes for that file to arrive varies, depending on email backlogs, and carrier loading.

If you want streaming, you will need a separate program for that, and the appropriate audio handling.

Sent using Tapatalk

nated1992

You can set it up to send as a text message and it is reasonably fast... there is a delay but not much generally. Also it will record the whole dispatch if set up correctly

Well, an update, TTD works great. I am using it with pushbullet to send push notifications to my phone. It gets the full audio file and is much faster(automatic) than the Fire text system we are using .

Status
Not open for further replies.