Streaming Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

swat

well let me start off with i tryed to learn shout cast live streaming i couldnt figure it out to work right so my question is does anyone know of any place thats easy to learn and setup some live streaming audio

Scanman6

Question about copyright

Hi All,

Thanks for the tip about streaming scanner traffic. I stream community radio and was thinking of maybe getting into scanner streaming. I could rationalize streaming so I could hear my scanners while I'm away, but what if you are really intending to netcast. I get the feetling that there are some legal issues that may come into play. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, I've heard that folks had to stop in the past. We have to worry about copyright in the broadcasting business and with streaming audio. What's your take? Are the regs for this thing more like Ham radio? Thanks for the info.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Streaming Scanner Traffic

I am no lawyer, but since Public Safety Radio is broadcast over public airwaves, why should it matter how it is received? There are many places on the Internet where "scanner" traffic is streamed - here is one where you can choose from one of two channels to listen to: http://mymotherlode.com/Fire_Information/scanner.php

George

Scanman6

I am certainly a fan of the public property/public airwaves idea. I was just wanting to know if anyone had come into contact with the darker side of putting things on the internet. I'm one of the ones who would be interested in making my scanning traffic available to the public. I just wanted to find out before I got too involved. just because it's already on the net or "other folks are doing it' doesn't make it legal. I know that it isn't good news proctice to broadcast audio of of folks without their permission. Even the dispatchers themselves have something to say potentially because you are retransmitting their voices for purposes other than they or the agency intended. Let me say again that I'm not poo-pooing the idea, I meerly sought comments from folks that might have given this some consideration, or have been tolkd otherwise. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.