Streaming from Android Smartphone to Zello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I know this topic has been beaten like a dead horse, but this one has a twist.... Here is the plan.

Using an old android phone connected to WiFi and with Zello installed, I plan to stream audio from my scanner to my smartphone and to a Zello channel with the VOX feature enabled. Going to do this with a TRS to TRRS patch cable (image attached). Using this patch cable, the smartphone will act like the scanner is a mic and send the audio through Zello.

In my mind it seems to work but I don't believe anyone had done this before, at least not any info I could find. Even if it doesn't work, the cable was only $12 so no big loss.

I'll keep you updated on my progress, just ordered the cable today.

Attachments

• 61FIhGZ40yL._SL1500_.jpg
    61FIhGZ40yL._SL1500_.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 34

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
I have been doing a private feed for myself on Zello for years,

Just FYI, I bought the cable I needed at Dollar General store for $4.00.

I've done from scanner to a computer, and a scanner to one of my old phones, works like a champ, at for me.

The biggest thing I noticed there is about a 1-second delay for the VOX to active.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with your plan.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
Which cable did you get?

Sent using Tapatalk

I was lucky, I got the standard 3.5 input on both sides of the cord I bought, it worked on all 3, my scanner headphone jack < note I'm using an HP-1) it also plugged into my computer and my old Cell phone which is Motorola Droid. and using the VOX setting in the Zello app, it works like a champ for me.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.