Streaming from SDS200

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Have Proscan setup. Able to stream to phone and other computers within local network. But not able to connect from outside network. Router config seems fine. Seems to be a computer problem. Also, just today lost audio to computer? Used the get my IP features. Displays within network and out of network URL's. Suggestions?

Attachments

• pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 11

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am using a netgear Orbi router and I don't see a port forwarding setting in Router software. I'll keep looking
Try googling
netgear orbi router port forwarding

1st page that came up. Hope this helps

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Try googling
netgear orbi router port forwarding

1st page that came up. Hope this helps
OK, logged onto Orbi and was able to configure port forwarding. Still can't connect from outside device

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes, everything is working now. Is there always a 20 second delay in audio when connected from outside network?
Not when using the latest version of ProScan. I typically get 1-2 second delay at most on outside network, often less than that.

This is from the ProScan version change log back at version 20.4...
  • Changed - Reduced the latency even more on the low latency audio player on the Web Server web page. It's now less than 0.8 second.

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Not when using the latest version of ProScan. I typically get 1-2 second delay at most on outside network, often less than that.

This is from the ProScan version change log back at version 20.4...
Is there is a setting in Prosan to limit the delay in audio? No delay in screen, but delay in audio

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is there is a setting in Prosan to limit the delay in audio? No delay in screen, but delay in audio
In previous versions of ProScan there was a setting to vary the delay of the metadata (virtual scanner) to match the audio delay so that both appeared in sync on the webpage. In newer versions of ProScan ( >20.2 ) that setting is no longer necessary because of the implementation of the low latency audio player on the Web Server web page.

Audio is delayed by a minute or so
If you're getting that kind of a delay in the audio using the latest version of ProScan (v20.7), it may be something with the connections/network setup on your end.

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
The audio leaves the server in real time. Are you using an external audio player or the audio player on the web page?
I believe I'm using the server audio? My audio tab is set to URL? But over the last few days I have lost my computer audio.