Streaming of commercials over Broadcastify feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm not logged in, using Firefox, and when I click on the link above I do not see that message, but if I select HTML5 I hear the ad.

I tried several feeds and its on every one. GREAT HUGH! KF0HA

I just tried a half dozen feeds, while not logged, in and only heard it on the Chicago feed. Maybe our browsers save cookies from Broadcastify and only make listeners listen to one ad per visit.

Last edited:

scanmanmi

Is this something new (I will discontinue broadcasting my feed if it is)

You're already getting (or should be) a free subscription for being a provider. Geeez, next you'll be wanting a royalty.

(That is a horrible feed with lots of static. I would not allow it if I ran Broadcastify)
I noticed that I have to log into B seperately to remove the ad.

ChrisABQ

Let's just say that I'm displeased with having more ignorant "car insurance" commercials in front of my feed, I am and so is the rest of America, harassed on a daily basis by endless supplies of "FLO HO" commercials and the like. I run a quality feed on here and having that B.S. in front of a service that I AM providing, let's just say I'm not cool with that. I will be seriously considering terminating my feed.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Let's just say that I'm displeased with having more ignorant "car insurance" commercials in front of my feed.... I run a quality feed on here and having that B.S. in front of a service that I AM providing, let's just say I'm not cool with that. I will be seriously considering terminating my feed.

We all should remember, RR and Broadcastify are businesses and need money to continue to operate. The commercials are played for those who choose not to support the efforts of Broadcastify NOT for those that do pay the small amount they ask for a premium subscription. I'm not opposed to RR displaying ads or for Broadcastify playing ads for those that are looking for the services offered for free. I'm sure most of us put up with the ads played on YouTube, and I doubt people say they aren't posting videos on there because they play an ad. Maybe @ChrisABQ would be willing to pay a broadcast fee so non-subscribers can have the same benefits as paying subscribers and not hear ads on his feed.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
We all should remember, RR and Broadcastify are businesses and need money to continue to operate. The commercials are played for those who choose not to support the efforts of Broadcastify NOT for those that do pay the small amount they ask for a premium subscription. I'm not opposed to RR displaying ads or for Broadcastify playing ads for those that are looking for the services offered for free. I'm sure most of us put up with the ads played on YouTube, and I doubt people say they aren't posting videos on there because they play an ad. Maybe @ChrisABQ would be willing to pay a broadcast fee so non-subscribers can have the same benefits as paying subscribers and not hear ads on his feed.
I didn’t know anyone still watched YouTube ads.

Chronic

Maybe it should also be ok for feed provider to start playing commercials and make some revenue to maintain there equipment and internet . upgrades ect ...

Reactions: RRR

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are testing delivering 15-30 sec pre-roll ads on some feeds to free users. As we test we'll choose some specific feeds to do the test. Eventually, we'll be delivering pre-roll ads to all free listeners.

Premium Subscribers (and feed providers), when logged in, WILL NOT get those ads at all. User's of the Broadcastify Pro App won't get those ads. We're also working with app developers on licensing arrangements to not deliver ads to their pro apps which feature no ads.

If you are hearing an ad and you are a premium subscriber, you're not logged in. Make sure you're logged into the site.

Thanks,

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's just say that I'm displeased with having more ignorant "car insurance" commercials in front of my feed, I am and so is the rest of America, harassed on a daily basis by endless supplies of "FLO HO" commercials and the like. I run a quality feed on here and having that B.S. in front of a service that I AM providing, let's just say I'm not cool with that. I will be seriously considering terminating my feed.
Received and understood. Thanks,

Geauga_SO

Feed Provider
Lindsay,

Have you considered not implementing ads for official feed providers?

While I realize that all feeds belong to RR, our official affiliation with the feed could cause us issues with certain ad content. Here's an example: our agency cannot legally promote or endorse any political candidate, an ad for a political campaign could be perceived as our endorsement.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lindsay,

Have you considered not implementing ads for official feed providers?

While I realize that all feeds belong to RR, our official affiliation with the feed could cause us issues with certain ad content. Here's an example: our agency cannot legally promote or endorse any political candidate, an ad for a political campaign could be perceived as our endorsement.
Absolutely - I will commit to you now that we will not pre-roll ads on any official feeds whatsoever

emt_531

So as feed providers, do we need Broadcastify Pro or is the regular Broadcastify app okay?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is it OK as a feeder to play my own advertising on my feed so I can offset my expenses as well?
So you're asking if you would like to chain your ads in front of our ads?

Well, there are a number of issues there
1) People probably will respond super-triple-double-negatively to a bunch of chained advertisements
2) How does Broadcastify handle not delivering ads to premium subscribers when you are inserting ads into your streams?
3) Will it be worth it to you to go through all the trouble to set that up for about $2/month? Because in looking at the traffic your feeds see, that's probably about what you would earn on all your feeds grouped together. That's just the reality.
4) No pre-roll audio advertiser is going to work with you in the first place to deliver ads to such a small segmented audience.

So, I think the answer to your question will be no, we won't allow that on Broadcastify. If that is an approach you want to take, I'd recommend you do that hosting the feed yourself on your own platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.