Streaming over Alltel wireless Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jharris68

Does anyone know if it is still possible to stream over Alltel Wireless Internet. I was using Scancast to do this early in 2011. I had not tried again until recently and it will not work. I can stream over my local network, but not over the internet. I have used canyouseeme and it shows my port is not open. My setup was Scancast used along with Dyndns. I was not streaming to Radioreference or shoutcast, just a private connection. I have also tried the same setup with ProScan, same results, it will work on my network, but not on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if it is still possible to stream over Alltel Wireless Internet. I was using Scancast to do this early in 2011. I had not tried again until recently and it will not work. I can stream over my local network, but not over the internet. I have used canyouseeme and it shows my port is not open. My setup was Scancast used along with Dyndns. I was not streaming to Radioreference or shoutcast, just a private connection. I have also tried the same setup with ProScan, same results, it will work on my network, but not on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alltel Wireless Internet shouldn't be a factor. Are you using ProScan Web Server? Do you have the router port fowarding setup with the port and local IP address of the server?

For detailed info on seting up the port forward: Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com

canyouseeme.org is a good troubleshooting tool as I see you're using it.

jharris68

I was using Freescan, then switched to ProScan. Freescan used to work, I had the router set up correctly, but something has changed recently. I left Alltel for Verizon, and I know for a fact that Verizon blocks ports, started having other problems so I went back to Alltel. I think in the six months I was away from Alltel they started blocking ports. As I said I can stream just fine over my network, just not to the outside, and I used to be able to do this. Just wondered if there was anyway around this.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I was using Freescan, then switched to ProScan. Freescan used to work, I had the router set up correctly, but something has changed recently. I left Alltel for Verizon, and I know for a fact that Verizon blocks ports, started having other problems so I went back to Alltel. I think in the six months I was away from Alltel they started blocking ports. As I said I can stream just fine over my network, just not to the outside, and I used to be able to do this. Just wondered if there was anyway around this.

I have Verizon. They block incoming port 80 on non-commercial accounts. All other ports are not blocked as far as I know.

Try canyouseeme.org first and once you got that working then I would go to the next step. Check dyndns if still works. If not, try a different dns service or use the internet(outside) address for testing. Double check the router port forwarding setup?

From Dyn: What happened to Free Accounts - Dyn Community Forum

Last edited:

jharris68

I have plugged my USB internet card directly into my pc and tried Canyouseeme and it still does not work. I am pretty confident Alltel started blocking ports unless someone else knows otherwise. Is there anyway around this?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have plugged my USB internet card directly into my pc and tried Canyouseeme and it still does not work. I am pretty confident Alltel started blocking ports unless someone else knows otherwise. Is there anyway around this?

What is the port number of the Web Server? Does it still work locally? The Web Server is started. Correct?

jharris68

The web server is started the port is 5700 and it works great locally and it used to work over the internet. Nothing to my knowledge has changed on my end.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The web server is started the port is 5700 and it works great locally and it used to work over the internet. Nothing to my knowledge has changed on my end.

You may want to double check the router port forwarding setup. The computer name or local IP address and port should be checked. If all OK then while you're there, change the port number to 5000 and the Web Server to same port and see what happens.

jharris68

I have tried random ports, no luck. Wouldnt the port forwarding issue be elimated if I bypassed the router and stuck the usb internet card directly in the pc and tried canyouseeme? I know just enough about my network to be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.