Streaming Problems - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB

Feed Provider
I am getting a lot of complaints with my feed. It will go offline quite often and when it is online the timmer will go to 00:07 and stop and the display will say buffering 100% lock up. During that 00:07 seconds you will hear what sounds like previously recorded audio and it is all broken up. Not sure whats going on here. Can anyone help? I am using ProScan with Icecast2.

MB
Essex County N.Y.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
ProScan

I am getting a lot of complaints with my feed. It will go offline quite often and when it is online the timmer will go to 00:07 and stop and the display will say buffering 100% lock up. During that 00:07 seconds you will hear what sounds like previously recorded audio and it is all broken up. Not sure whats going on here. Can anyone help? I am using ProScan with Icecast2.

MB
Essex County N.Y.

I am using ProScan 4.4.2 and it drops offline for TIMEouts once in a while but connects right back. Did you post your problems on the PROSCAN site.

KC9LVX Evansville, IN Feed

MB

Feed Provider
No I haven't posted on the ProScan site yet. I have switched to the ScannerCast RR Edition and it seems to be working fine now, which leads me to believe that it is a problem with ProScan. Has anyone else seen this problem with ProScan?

I am using ProScan 4.4.2 and it drops offline for TIMEouts once in a while but connects right back. Did you post your problems on the PROSCAN site.

KC9LVX Evansville, IN Feed

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
It will go offline quite often and when it is online the timmer will go to 00:07 and stop and the display will say buffering 100% lock up. During that 00:07 seconds you will hear what sounds like previously recorded audio and it is all broken up. Not sure whats going on here. MB
Essex County N.Y.

That exact thing happened to me one time. If I remember right I think I rebooted my computer and it solved the problem. It has not happened since, just that one time. You may want to clear your audio recordings and log from proscan if you are recording. Having a lot of recordings caused a lot of problems for me. I have it set up o audio delete the grid every 2 hours now and it works just fine.

MB

Feed Provider
If I reboot it will work OK for a little while then the problem will re-appear. I have deleted all the recordings and logging.

That exact thing happened to me one time. If I remember right I think I rebooted my computer and it solved the problem. It has not happened since, just that one time. You may want to clear your audio recordings and log from proscan if you are recording. Having a lot of recordings caused a lot of problems for me. I have it set up o audio delete the grid every 2 hours now and it works just fine.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I also shut off all automatic updates, and AVG virus software. The AVG software was using A LOT of my CPU power. (that seems to have been causing most of my problems) That made a big difference on my feed as well. I have an older spare computer dedicated to my feeds. I basically erased he hard drive, reinstalled windows and now have just the basics needed for scanning. After doing so my stream works much better. Take a look at what you have running in the backround and se what you can shut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.