Streaming Scanners & Radios RR Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Just like to let everyone know that they can post there ideas and questions regarding Live Streaming scanners and Radios in our topic specific forum now here.

A great big Thank You to Lindsay for allowing to have this as a new feature on RadioReference.com

Uplink

shaft said:
For those that do stream, please post what software/hardware you use to stream the audio.

I am using the Simplecast MP3 encoder going to an Icecast server. Also streaming on Teamspeak. Uniden BC785D scanner.
Thanks for the new forum, great idea.

:D

Scan-Denver

scancapecod said:
A very pleasant addition to the site. I will visit often. Thanks.
Hey Scott, long time !!

Question for you, have you heard if the proscan streaming software can be used with live365 ? I like the idea of having the audio and data but don't wanna use up my own bandwidth to have it.

You being the "master" of streaming online scanners, I figured you would be the best one to ask.

ampril

hoping for help

do you know of a decent link for police wichita ks? there was one and now for some reason it is running a sound bite of the same few minutes. thank you for your help.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Scan-Denver said:
Hey Scott, long time !!

Question for you, have you heard if the proscan streaming software can be used with live365 ? I like the idea of having the audio and data but don't wanna use up my own bandwidth to have it.

You being the "master" of streaming online scanners, I figured you would be the best one to ask.

I'm far from the master.... ;)

I'm not familiar with that software....which PROVES I'm not the master! :D

Nice to hear from you though, Bill.

Scan-Denver

scancapecod said:
I'm far from the master.... ;)

I'm not familiar with that software....which PROVES I'm not the master! :D

Nice to hear from you though, Bill.
Well it sounded good though, don't you think ?? :p

When you get some time, can you send me an instant message on yim ??? My screen name is " scan.denver". I want to pick your brain on the subject.

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
shaft said:
For those that do stream, please post what software/hardware you use to stream the audio.
I stream my feed on Shoutcast (it's free) and use Winamp and the Nullsoft server software. Works like a charm.

shaft

Uplink and firescannerbob,

Thanks for the responses. I figured it was something along those lines. I have used Shoutcast/Winamp etc.. in the past. I have not tried Simplecast or Icecast yet, I might give it a try and stream the western parts of St. Louis. Thanks again for the info.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I am using ARC EazyStream for my feed with alpha tags, and Teamspeak for audio only. As a matter of fact I run a regional Teamspeak Server that covers the New England area, with one New York City area feed as well. Links in my signature.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Weather Radio audio Streaming info

Hi i would like to see if anyone has any links to weather radio streaming audio i have found some i am always looking for new links

Thanks

Enos Jones

brandon

Database Admin
I don't think ProScan can use Live365.... just your own bandwidth. I still think it's the best product out there for streaming since you basically can see the scanner display. I love it!

Tweekerbob

enosjones said:
Hi i would like to see if anyone has any links to weather radio streaming audio i have found some i am always looking for new links

Thanks

Enos Jones

Well, I think that most people would not stream this channel...why?

1. It is constant (kinda takes away from "scanning")

2. Info provided is available from nws.noaa.gov.

3. Most people who stream audio are intending to engage their "intended" audience with something of interest. Since "most" are INTERESTED in things other than NOAA, you will find yourself challenged to encounter the streams you seek.

More up to date weather related info is more readily available elsewhere on the web, other than the NWS, in more severe weather condititions. Most NOAA stations are now automated with the same info posted on the web. If you are in a true emergency, crank up your crank-upable portable and tune in! (and hold-on if necessary).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.