OP25 Streaming to other local network clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I want to monitor audio from an op25 box using other clients on the same internal network, but I cannot get this to work. Pulseaudio, Liquidsoap, and Icecast2 are all installed with default settings. I am using the op25.liq script to output audio to locally connected speaker, which works fine. Clearly I have misconfigured something. I've followed the READMEs in the the /op25 directory, and looked at a *lot* of "tutorials" available on the internet, but none seem to address configuring to streaming locally. Ideally, I'd like to use a browser to access the audio stream, and I've trying VLC - both without success. Help! lol.

boatbod

I want to monitor audio from an op25 box using other clients on the same internal network, but I cannot get this to work. Pulseaudio, Liquidsoap, and Icecast2 are all installed with default settings. I am using the op25.liq script to output audio to locally connected speaker, which works fine. Clearly I have misconfigured something. I've followed the READMEs in the the /op25 directory, and looked at a *lot* of "tutorials" available on the internet, but none seem to address configuring to streaming locally. Ideally, I'd like to use a browser to access the audio stream, and I've trying VLC - both without success. Help! lol.

Email me you op25.liq script and I'll check it for you.

a417

is your internal network firewall blocking it? I do just this thing and I have a rule in pfSense which allows that service thru.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
is your internal network firewall blocking it? I do just this thing and I have a rule in pfSense which allows that service thru.
Firewall blocking port 8000 on the host was part of it. I allowed port 8000, which allowed me to see the Icecast2 Admin page, and I configured a mount_point which I can see, but pointing to the listenurl http://localhost:8000/mountop25 with either a browser or Open Network Stream with VLC produces nothing. VLC logs the error "cannot peek" and the browser times out. Firewalls on the Windows client and the Linux host are disabled atm.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
OK, nevermind: got it working with vlc. In the mountpoint pane of the Icecast 2 Admin page, I had to hit the M3U button, which created a file I opened with VLC, and now I have audio on the Windows client. Works with the firewalls re-enabled, but still need the port 8000 rule on the host. machineIcecast2.PNG

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I seem to have two seperate audio streams. The Windows client is playing audio from a different tg than the audio that is playing from a speaker connected to the host's sound card.

Nevermind, it's delayed audio over the network, lol. I have three sources: a hardware radio which plays it instantaneously; the speaker connected to the host which is about a second behind, and then the Windows client which is ~30 seconds behind.

boatbod

I seem to have two seperate audio streams. The Windows client is playing audio from a different tg than the audio that is playing from a speaker connected to the host's sound card.

Nevermind, it's delayed audio over the network, lol. I have three sources: a hardware radio which plays it instantaneously; the speaker connected to the host which is about a second behind, and then the Windows client which is ~30 seconds behind.
The icecast2 server has a streaming delay in the region of 30 seconds. There are things that can be done to trim the delay a little, but it's frankly very frustrating :(

Status
Not open for further replies.