Streaming with Microsoft Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptonm

I'm looking at the possibilities of streaming a channel with either Microsoft teams or Skype for business as this is one of the easier options given our company already utilizes these products. It it possible to run a constant audio feed with either of these products that users can dial into and listen on demand when required?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I'm looking at the possibilities of streaming a channel with either Microsoft teams or Skype for business as this is one of the easier options given our company already utilizes these products. It it possible to run a constant audio feed with either of these products that users can dial into and listen on demand when required?

In teams you may be able to run a always on group call and set it that people can come and go as they want. Discord works better for this.

uptonm

That's was I was thinking but I haven't tried yet. I knew discord was an option but was hoping to use O365 products so that we can manage the user security aspect of it via active directory

cognetic

Premium Subscriber
I ran skype alongside a RemoteRig set-up to control an ICOM HF transceiver that had audio and video output for several years. It is as simple as calling in, having auto-answer set (in my case exclusive to known contact), and enjoying the feed. This combo gave me visual confirmation via Skype of the POTS line or IP based RemoteRig control - i.e. frequency, signal strength, etc..
In my case I used a USB Behringer interface which took the transceiver audio/visual feeds into a Panasonic Toughbook running Skype. That system stayed online 24/7/365 for several years. Actually, it is still in use - when I upgraded the ICOM HF transceiver, I lost video output and Skype was no longer needed.

-cognetic

Status
Not open for further replies.